Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I will never again birth at a hospital. Piog.

Posted by   + Show Post
Working at a hospital I now know with certainty that I will never again step foot in one to give birth. The latest? I went to the nursery to do an ultrasound on one of the babies. When I was in there I heard two of the nurses talking. One of them said "o yea this baby right here is breastfed, but she was crying so I was about to give her a bottle. But then the dad came in and I hid it so quick. I almost got caught". Then they both just laughed.

Wtf is that?? Who do they think they are! Ugh. It just got me mad. Thanks for letting me vent!
This isn't the only reason....just the latest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Mine stay with me unless for those first tests and what not they need to go to the nursery and then who ever is at the hospital with me, goes with the baby. For this next baby and my 2nd baby that someone is my MIL. For baby 3 it was hubby and with baby 1, well that hospital sucked ass and I didnt really know much to fight for my rights. They took my baby from my room in the middle of the night and didn't tell me so when I woke up I freaked out because he wasn't there! That was the only time they did that though, I am sure they didn't dare after my reaction to repeat that stupidity. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I had my oldest say in my room except for test he needed. My youngest was in the nursery for breathing problems and he got breast milk. He was taken to a hospital 45 min- 1hour away. He got formula at the hospital once. But the nurses called and asked if they could give it to him. I said yes cause i was going down the next day and i had breast milk to give them. He was there 3 weeks!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Not all hospitals are like that. Your dumb.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
It just happened. I was thinking about reporting it, but since the baby didn't actually get the bottle I wonder if I should. What do you think?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Did you report it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Omg. That makes my blood boil! I had my last dd at a birthing center, and I don't plan on ever giving birth at a hospital ever again either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Behindthelense
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Here they encourage you to breast feed. They will take the baby to the nursery but bring it back when it's hungry. I hope you reported it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Goodie!  I hope they give breastfed babies the bottle all day long! 

I'm so ridiculous that the breastfeeding nazi's REALLY think that people care that damn much about how they feed their babies.  Nobody gives a shit!

I don't believe a word of this.

Bring on the bottle!  Do whatever you can to STOP BREASTFEEDING!  Its evil!

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
**You're. Lol. If you are going to insult someone's intelligence please do so intelligently.

And, no, actually I'm not. But thanks for the bump.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all hospitals are like that. Your dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes definitely!

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

It just happened. I was thinking about reporting it, but since the baby didn't actually get the bottle I wonder if I should. What do you think?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Did you report it?

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol.
You, my dear, need to lay off the crack pipe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Goodie!  I hope they give breastfed babies the bottle all day long! 

I'm so ridiculous that the breastfeeding nazi's REALLY think that people care that damn much about how they feed their babies.  Nobody gives a shit!

I don't believe a word of this.

Bring on the bottle!  Do whatever you can to STOP BREASTFEEDING!  Its evil!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)