Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I will never again birth at a hospital. Piog.

Posted by   + Show Post
Working at a hospital I now know with certainty that I will never again step foot in one to give birth. The latest? I went to the nursery to do an ultrasound on one of the babies. When I was in there I heard two of the nurses talking. One of them said "o yea this baby right here is breastfed, but she was crying so I was about to give her a bottle. But then the dad came in and I hid it so quick. I almost got caught". Then they both just laughed.

Wtf is that?? Who do they think they are! Ugh. It just got me mad. Thanks for letting me vent!
This isn't the only reason....just the latest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I was always asked if formula was okay. My nurses were wonderful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Oh goodie!  I think all you breastfeeding loonies should NEVER step foot in the hospital again...especially when you have babies!

Natural selection and survival of the fittest!  Whooohooo!

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Working at a hospital I now know with certainty that I will never again step foot in one to give birth. The latest? I went to the nursery to do an ultrasound on one of the babies. When I was in there I heard two of the nurses talking. One of them said "o yea this baby right here is breastfed, but she was crying so I was about to give her a bottle. But then the dad came in and I hid it so quick. I almost got caught". Then they both just laughed.

Wtf is that?? Who do they think they are! Ugh. It just got me mad. Thanks for letting me vent!

BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM
See, I've got to see both sides. The hospital I used to work at was excellent. I was in the nursery A LOT and they were always sooo good with the babies. I was never announced and a big wooden door stopped one side from going in (the one I always entered), so it was always a surprise when I came in. They were always wonderful. Oh, they also had a huge glass door across from the wooden one and glass all around the other way, so nothing could be hidden.

But! Doing my Phase 1 rotations at an ambulance service, we were transporting a preemie to a hospital who had a NICCU. We had to go to the niccu first to pick up the baby thingy and go to the other. The one with the niccu....zomg! I wanted to knock these RN's out! They were talking shit to the babies, being rude talking about them and the parents....and the doctor was in there! I was like, "nope...never will I allow one of my babies here, they can fly them to Shands!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Uh....what?? Lmao.
Your responses are making no sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh goodie!  I think all you breastfeeding loonies should NEVER step foot in the hospital again...especially when you have babies!

Natural selection and survival of the fittest!  Whooohooo!

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Because it's every nurses goal to NOT EVER send a baby out of the hospital without poisoning it with formula.  

I think you are the one who needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Lol.
You, my dear, need to lay off the crack pipe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Goodie!  I hope they give breastfed babies the bottle all day long! 

I'm so ridiculous that the breastfeeding nazi's REALLY think that people care that damn much about how they feed their babies.  Nobody gives a shit!

I don't believe a word of this.

Bring on the bottle!  Do whatever you can to STOP BREASTFEEDING!  Its evil!

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I think your maternity department just must be really sucky. I didn't have any issues. I ff for reasons I don't have time to list, but the nurses did everything I asked and always got permission before they tried anything new with my babies. I love our maternity department at this hospital!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

That is horrible. Luckily where I live in Canada your baby stays in your room as there are no nurseries to place the child in.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Exactly! I think that what we see and what actually goes on are two very different things.

Quoting BeAmour:

See, I've got to see both sides. The hospital I used to work at was excellent. I was in the nursery A LOT and they were always sooo good with the babies. I was never announced and a big wooden door stopped one side from going in (the one I always entered), so it was always a surprise when I came in. They were always wonderful. Oh, they also had a huge glass door across from the wooden one and glass all around the other way, so nothing could be hidden.

But! Doing my Phase 1 rotations at an ambulance service, we were transporting a preemie to a hospital who had a NICCU. We had to go to the niccu first to pick up the baby thingy and go to the other. The one with the niccu....zomg! I wanted to knock these RN's out! They were talking shit to the babies, being rude talking about them and the parents....and the doctor was in there! I was like, "nope...never will I allow one of my babies here, they can fly them to Shands!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Yeah, my sons only left the room for their hearing tests and circumcisions. I didn't trust the nursey, lol.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I dont care what you say, Im glad I birthed in the hospital my second wouldnt be here if I didnt she would be in the ground DEAD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN