Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I will never again birth at a hospital. Piog.

Posted by   + Show Post
Working at a hospital I now know with certainty that I will never again step foot in one to give birth. The latest? I went to the nursery to do an ultrasound on one of the babies. When I was in there I heard two of the nurses talking. One of them said "o yea this baby right here is breastfed, but she was crying so I was about to give her a bottle. But then the dad came in and I hid it so quick. I almost got caught". Then they both just laughed.

Wtf is that?? Who do they think they are! Ugh. It just got me mad. Thanks for letting me vent!
This isn't the only reason....just the latest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I don't even know where you got that from. This has nothing to do with formula or breastmilk. And everything to do with honoring the parents wishes on what to do with their own babies.
Crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's every nurses goal to NOT EVER send a baby out of the hospital without poisoning it with formula.  

I think you are the one who needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Lol.
You, my dear, need to lay off the crack pipe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Goodie!  I hope they give breastfed babies the bottle all day long! 

I'm so ridiculous that the breastfeeding nazi's REALLY think that people care that damn much about how they feed their babies.  Nobody gives a shit!

I don't believe a word of this.

Bring on the bottle!  Do whatever you can to STOP BREASTFEEDING!  Its evil!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I would report it because I'm sure there are times she didn't get caught and actually succeeded in giving a breast fed baby a bottle. It's apparent that she has a very blase attitude and she obviously doesn't have respect for the parents. I certainly wouldn't want anyone with that attitude anywhere near my baby.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

It just happened. I was thinking about reporting it, but since the baby didn't actually get the bottle I wonder if I should. What do you think?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Did you report it?

MomTo2Boys12
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I think it's odd that instead of reporting it you're on cafemom right away to tell everybody. Why does it take Internet strangers for you to do the right thing?

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

It just happened. I was thinking about reporting it, but since the baby didn't actually get the bottle I wonder if I should. What do you think?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Did you report it?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I was just agreeing with you that you that all breastfeeding women should never step foot in hospitals to have your babies. 

Please by all means, have them in caves.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Uh....what?? Lmao.
Your responses are making no sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh goodie!  I think all you breastfeeding loonies should NEVER step foot in the hospital again...especially when you have babies!

Natural selection and survival of the fittest!  Whooohooo!

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Working at a hospital I now know with certainty that I will never again step foot in one to give birth. The latest? I went to the nursery to do an ultrasound on one of the babies. When I was in there I heard two of the nurses talking. One of them said "o yea this baby right here is breastfed, but she was crying so I was about to give her a bottle. But then the dad came in and I hid it so quick. I almost got caught". Then they both just laughed.

Wtf is that?? Who do they think they are! Ugh. It just got me mad. Thanks for letting me vent!
This isn't the only reason....just the latest.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I honestly just didn't think it was reportable. In the end.....nothing happened.
And there is no one to even report it to on Sundays. I can call the AOD, but that is for emergencies only. I'd have to wait till tomorrow either way.
Quoting MomTo2Boys12:

I think it's odd that instead of reporting it you're on cafemom right away to tell everybody. Why does it take Internet strangers for you to do the right thing?

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Did you report it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
My baby never went to the nursery for more than 5 minutes.
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
My kids stayed in my room, and if they had to go anywhere for any reason i went with them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM

And you think nurses in the hospital go out of their way to sneak bottles to babies just because they don't want to honor the wishes of parents? 

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I don't even know where you got that from. This has nothing to do with formula or breastmilk. And everything to do with honoring the parents wishes on what to do with their own babies.
Crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's every nurses goal to NOT EVER send a baby out of the hospital without poisoning it with formula.  

I think you are the one who needs to lay off the crack pipe.

MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Yup.. had one baby in a hospital.. Knew Id NEVER do it again.. Had my 2nd with a midwife in a birthing center. He never left my room & no one touched DS without asking & I was the one in control in damn single moment.. Unlike at the hospital where I pretty much felt like me & my DD was owned & control every moment we where there..

I wish everyone would start with a midwife & only transfer to a DR if the midwife sees its better for the mom/babys health... Not as many woman would have csections, risky L&D & would get BETTER prenatal care!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Ive worked in 4 different hospitals, and im in the nursery alot. Ive never seen that happen, the nurses are all pro breastfeeding, and take the baby in to mom if they are hungry.

What some measly lil ultrasound tech thinks, about anything. Does not matter. I call bs, your making this up for attention.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

**You're. Lol. If you are going to insult someone's intelligence please do so intelligently.

And, no, actually I'm not. But thanks for the bump.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all hospitals are like that. Your dumb.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)