Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I will never again birth at a hospital. Piog.

Posted by   + Show Post
Working at a hospital I now know with certainty that I will never again step foot in one to give birth. The latest? I went to the nursery to do an ultrasound on one of the babies. When I was in there I heard two of the nurses talking. One of them said "o yea this baby right here is breastfed, but she was crying so I was about to give her a bottle. But then the dad came in and I hid it so quick. I almost got caught". Then they both just laughed.

Wtf is that?? Who do they think they are! Ugh. It just got me mad. Thanks for letting me vent!
This isn't the only reason....just the latest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I really don't know. I'm not them. If I was asked by a parent to do something or not to do something then I would abide. I cannot speak for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

And you think nurses in the hospital go out of their way to sneak bottles to babies just because they don't want to honor the wishes of parents? 

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I don't even know where you got that from. This has nothing to do with formula or breastmilk. And everything to do with honoring the parents wishes on what to do with their own babies.
Crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's every nurses goal to NOT EVER send a baby out of the hospital without poisoning it with formula.  

I think you are the one who needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Haha. Ok, dude, ok. You caught me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive worked in 4 different hospitals, and im in the nursery alot. Ive never seen that happen, the nurses are all pro breastfeeding, and take the baby in to mom if they are hungry.

What some measly lil ultrasound tech thinks, about anything. Does not matter. I call bs, your making this up for attention.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

**You're. Lol. If you are going to insult someone's intelligence please do so intelligently.

And, no, actually I'm not. But thanks for the bump.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all hospitals are like that. Your dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Meh I nursed and wouldn't have cried if the baby had a bottle while I got some much needed rest after delivery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM
It's not about the bottle. To me it's about respect. And the fact that she tried to hide it, kwim?

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Meh I nursed and wouldn't have cried if the baby had a bottle while I got some much needed rest after delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaharley
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Our nursery was absolutely great.  My daughter was in the nursery for the first 5 hours of her life under the warmer because she couldn't keep up her body temperature, and when she started to act hungry they bundled her up and brought her to me to feed since I told them I wanted her breastfed first.  While she was in the nursery they gave her formula ONCE, but only after asking for my permission.  Now I know to avoid your hospital though.

dorfmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
By the time I had my now 9 year old, my hospital didn't even have a nursery. They do everything in the mom's room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
April620
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Yep, this. The only time our dd left my side was to get her hearing check and even then my husband went along with her.

Quoting annhart19:

That's why I don't allow my babies to go to the nursery. They stay with me the whole time. Unless something is medically wrong with them. Then I send hubby with them. My babies are not left alone in hospital nurseries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
At the hospital I deliver at, the babies don't leave the room at all. All testing, etc is done right in the room. In fact, when they built the hospital, they didn't even build a full nursery. They have a NICU, and a very small nursery in case the mother absolutely wants a break. But for the most part, infant does not go anywhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

You stated you would never have a baby in a hospital again so you must believe this happens everywhere and all nurses have some sort of ulterior motive when it comes to caring for BREASTFED babies, lol.

Just an FYI, like a previous poster said, nurses really don't give a shit how you choose to feed your baby. 

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I really don't know. I'm not them. If I was asked by a parent to do something or not to do something then I would abide. I cannot speak for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

And you think nurses in the hospital go out of their way to sneak bottles to babies just because they don't want to honor the wishes of parents? 

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I don't even know where you got that from. This has nothing to do with formula or breastmilk. And everything to do with honoring the parents wishes on what to do with their own babies.
Crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's every nurses goal to NOT EVER send a baby out of the hospital without poisoning it with formula.  

I think you are the one who needs to lay off the crack pipe.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Here we go...
Now hosiptals will be on the list of donts
Dont bottle feed
Dont circumcise
Dont vaccinate
Dont give birth in a hosptial

Hmmmmm is what came to mind

Eta:
I will believe this when you post a pic of yourself in the nursery you work in with a sign with your screen name on it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN