Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Chicago!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

We are planning on going to Chicago this summer! Any suggestions? We're thinking a 3,000 dollar budget.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

No ideas? I've never been to Chicago before so I don't know what would be awesome places. I know we're thinking of Navy Pier and The American Girl store

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Eat the pizza!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Millennium park, Navy Pier...take a boat tour.

Go to the Willis Tower, for the view is fabulous. Navy Pier has the Children's Museum.

Of course there are the other museums... Art, science and industry, the shed aquarium, and the field museum. Yes have PIZZA, and Italian Beef.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

What is millennium park?

Quoting KairisMama:

Go to the Willis Tower, for the view is fabulous. Navy Pier has the Children's Museum.

Of course there are the other museums... Art, science and industry, the shed aquarium, and the field museum. Yes have PIZZA, and Italian Beef.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
It's next to Grant Park. The big silver bean is there. There are these neat fountains kids can run around and play in. My kids love them.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is millennium park?

Quoting KairisMama:

annie6884
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM
This!! Oh and go to ed debevics (sp?) Its a restuarant and the waiters are rude as hell but they are supposed to be. Its a fun experience if you have a good sense of humor!

Quoting KairisMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Awesome! Thanks!

Also, we're debating driving or taking the train. Either way it's a four hours. Is it even worth bringing our car? I don't think my husband wants to drive around a big city like that.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Chicago is my favorite place. I love it more than Vegas and my hometown, Milwaukee. The architecture is amazing, the views are breathtaking and there's so much going on.

I recommend Sears tower both during the day (you can see three states from there) and at night. Also, try to see a Cub/White Sox game.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Museum of science and industry. Navy Pier, Sears Tower (sorry it's always Sears tower to me), field museum. lincoln park zoo.  REAL Chicago style pizza (deep dish heaven!). Wrigely field.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM

The fountains are in the back. It's 2 tall brick walls with water streaming down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)