Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is your 7 year old boy into?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

My son will be 7 this week. I have gotten him a few books, board games (he loves those type of things) and clothes. He is my kid that never asks for stuff, and I am stumped. If I ask him if he likes something, he will just shrug his shlulders and say he doesn't care. Very frustratingšŸ˜œ

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Mine were huge into sports. Board games were a hit also as well as legos, lincoln logs. My boys would rather have been outside playing more than anything else.

dorfmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
My son is 6. He loves Legos, Lincoln logs, Bionicle/hero factory, Nintendo ds, Dino's, and basically anything he can build with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Yeah, mine too. I wish they had birthdays when the snow was gone and weather was decent. I hate buying outside stuff now and then having to wait a few more months to really use it. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Mine were huge into sports. Board games were a hit also as well as legos, lincoln logs. My boys would rather have been outside playing more than anything else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

He loves playing sims on the ipad. He has a ds and I have been looking for a sims game for it, but no luck. He would love that.

Quoting dorfmama:

My son is 6. He loves Legos, Lincoln logs, Bionicle/hero factory, Nintendo ds, Dino's, and basically anything he can build with.

itextndrive
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

my seven yr old likes insects and anything involving a superhero! going to the movies is a favorite too. he has a pet lizard that he is very fond of...video games are fun for him but he get frustrated with them and bored with them i suspect. he likes to go exploring in the woods behind our house and spongebob is his favorite cartoon. he still plays dress up so i got him some superhero costumes for xmas. his bday is in july and we r going to a waterpark with the friend of his choice.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, mine too. I wish they had birthdays when the snow was gone and weather was decent. I hate buying outside stuff now and then having to wait a few more months to really use it. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I hear ya mine are Dec & Jan bdays. If he plays sports getting him a new baseball glove would be cool. He would work in it before he needs it in April. Snow toys if he needs  them. ice skates ? Tickets to an event ? Mine usedto love going to minor league hockey games, college hoops, etc.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Do you have a mueseum, aquarium or zoo nearby that you love ? if so buy him a memebership then you can go all year long.

RedSoxWife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
My 7 year old likes the skylanders game on the ps3, super heroes, scooby doo, baseball, and clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Board games: Monopoly, Clue and Chess.

Books: Anything with Zombies/Monsters.

Clothes: He likes the Shawn White collection at Target, anything with Skulls, Skateboards, Zombies, Supermario, Starwars..etc.

Toys: Nerf guns, Legos, Starwars and Robots.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Dh is trying to get him more interested in sports. He's not very athletic. Lol. He'll play with dh, but quickly lose interest. He is complete opposite of my oldest. But that's him. I think monster jam is coming up in a few months. Maybe I will look for that. Thanks for the ideas.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I hear ya mine are Dec & Jan bdays. If he plays sports getting him a new baseball glove would be cool. He would work in it before he needs it in April. Snow toys if he needs  them. ice skates ? Tickets to an event ? Mine usedto love going to minor league hockey games, college hoops, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN