Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im absolutely devastated. And scared. Not sure how to get through this. *etu*etu2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
2 moms liked this

My sister and my BIL were in a car wreck last night.  They are gone.  Just gone.  I am so floored, I can't even digest this.  I haven't even cried is that normal?  I can't even think Im so numb.  Just gone. I will never see either one of them again.

My nephew is only 4 months old.   He is at my BIL's moms, she was babysitting him last night so they could go out and have their first break away from him since he was born.

She's bringing him over later today.  She and my BIL's brother are coming and helping me clear my craft room.  It will be my nephews new bedroom, I suddenly have a baby now.  

I don't know how I'll get through this.  Or what happens now.  Do I need a lawyer? Who is going to arrange things, what about their stuff.  

How will I go on without them both? 

***update

Thank you for the prayers and advice.  BIL's mother found their lawyer's paper work and a will.  SHe is coming over later with them, they are waiting for her ex dh van to bring over the crib ect.  She will be calling the lawyer when she gets here.  All I can do it wait I guess for now.  She is an amazing woman, thank God for her.  Thank you again for the prayers and well wishes and advice.  BTW I know its weird Im on cafemom, I don't have anything to do but wait and am going crazy just sitting here thinking it over and over. This is a good distraction.

**update

Thank you again for all the well wishes.  I broke down once my nephew was in my arms, it's all so real now.  My BIL's family has been a blessing, thank goodness for them.  We did call the lawyer, he will be meeting with the family on Monday, and my BIL's parents have been taking care of the arrangements so far.  My sister and her husband left my nephew in my care.  He hasn't quite settled in, family and friends have been gathering at my home since this afternoon.  But his room is set up now, we all needed something to do so it didnt take long.  We all find comfort being with K. My ds7 is struggling, he is sad, confused. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lullababy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. Just absolutely terrible.

phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Search their home for paperwork, phone numbers, business cards of lawyers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kiriis
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I'm so sorry.
DebnDrew
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Im so sorry :-( how is your family relationship? Do you NEED a lawyer? It appears that they have agreed the boy will live with you, but it may help to get legal advice for events and custody as he grows. That poor little guy :-( it's good he has someone to love him....even if he doesnt realize it yet.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I have no words.

I am so so sorry. ((((hugs))))

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses. You'll manage with that baby. :(

Delila12
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I'm sorry for you and your nephew's loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I'm so sorry!!! :( I really don't know the legality of it, but you may want to get an attorney so that you can have official custody of him. This is so terrible. :(
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this

oh my god. ((hugs)) you will feel what you will feel and there is no right or wrong way to feel during this time.

but when it hits, im gonna say it will be when you are holding that baby and it all sets in.

you will feel  a range of emotions, and all of them are perfectly ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this

All your questions really need to be handled by the executor of their will.  I certainly hope any parents would have a will that specifies what happens to their child.  You need to have custody officially established, not just him "staying with" you.

My sister died in 2004 and I still haven't cried.  Sometimes the shock is too great at first, and by the time it wears off you are over the tears phase.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN