Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't wait to breastfeed!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

It is one of the things I am most excited about. I have dreams about birthing my little boy and instantly putting him to my breast. I have nightmares about him not being able to nurse.  I hope he will nurse to 3 years old.  My last son self-weaned at 10 months. I kept trying to get him to nurse for like a month after he started refusing and I actually cried about it.  

Is this weird?

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I'm excited to bf as well. Scared since we're having a c-section that it's going to be more difficult. But, I didn't bf my son so I'm determined to make it work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM
No. I loved bfing.

I nursed all of mine until at least a year. My youngest was 18 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALXtheg8
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Nope. Not weird. I can't wait to nurse again.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I had recurring dreams with my last baby that he was born talking and told me that he would not be nursing, that I needed to go buy some bottles :/
I was also excited to nurse. He's just about 18 months and we are still going strong. He's nursing as I type lol.
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Not weird. I can't wait to be done though. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

That part sounds weird and needy...

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It is one of the things I am most excited about. I have dreams about birthing my little boy and instantly putting him to my breast. I have nightmares about him not being able to nurse.  I hope he will nurse to 3 years old.  My last son self-weaned at 10 months. I kept trying to get him to nurse for like a month after he started refusing and I actually cried about it.  

Is this weird?

spody7
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Still bfing my son (21months yesterday), and I can't wait until my breasts are the same size as each other again.

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Not at all! I was so sad when my 16 month old weaned. I'm only 1st tri but I think about that moment when he/she is born all the time.

Totally normal :)
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM

10 months is really early to self wean and I had a lot of guilt because it happened because I was working too much.  I was working 56 hour shifts every weekend.  I was losing milk supply and he was using a cup.  He decided he didn't need me anymore and that was hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

That part sounds weird and needy...

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Is this weird?

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

It is sad when they wean.  I didn't think it would impact me so much, but it did.  It is the first step of showing they are growing more independent of you.  :(

Quoting sugareemommee:

Not at all! I was so sad when my 16 month old weaned. I'm only 1st tri but I think about that moment when he/she is born all the time.

Totally normal :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN