Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

very irritated!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
We are building a house. We are currently in the stage ofgetting bids from GGC's. One GC never called us back despite multiple attempts to contact him. Another was completely unreasonable in his prices (200k over). The third was in a snowboarding accident and had to have surgery. He called and said he had the numbers, but has not sent them or answered his phone (this was all after the accident). We wanted to be moved in by the time school starts since our kids will have to switch schools, but it's looking like that's not gonna happen. Totally frustrated and we haven't started actually building yet!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Holy typos. Whoops!
HerLadyGrey
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Sorry that sounds really rough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Do you and your spouse/partner work? If not, one of you could GC if you know enough. That's our future plan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM
My husband does. This is his 3rd house to build and he says it's not smart to not have a GC unless you really, really know what you're doing. And probably not smart even then lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you and your spouse/partner work? If not, one of you could GC if you know enough. That's our future plan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Yeah, I get that too. There's a ton that goes into it. We've got a friend that builds businesses and he said he'd help guide us on anything we're unsure of.

I hope you get this worked out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband does. This is his 3rd house to build and he says it's not smart to not have a GC unless you really, really know what you're doing. And probably not smart even then lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I just want to break ground already! Start seeing progress! I'm impatient by nature lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I get that too. There's a ton that goes into it. We've got a friend that builds businesses and he said he'd help guide us on anything we're unsure of.

I hope you get this worked out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Building a house is so exciting though, we plan on doing it in the future! Good luck though, try to relax and smile about the future in the new home...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN