Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am an alcoholic mother..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 215 Replies

Bash away if you must, but please remember, addiction is a disease, and I have asked for help. I recently started seeing a counselor, and I'm getting to the bottom of this.  My counselor say I am self medicating, as I have struggled with depression and anxiety for years, and haven't taken medication for a whle. After becoming a mother, it has gotten worse. I'm not just taking care of myself anymore... During my pregnancy, I was completely sober, and while I was breatfeeding as well...After, it just snuck up on me again. A few one night, a few the next night, before I knew it, I was drinking more and more. I have always done my best to take care of my child, he is everything to me. I don't drive drunk with him or anything like that. Anyway, I'm posting anonymous because no one wants to get bashed for something like this. I'm just hoping for some support and/or suggestions. Any other moms ever go through this? Feel free to reply anon. I know the stigma attached... :/

P.S. I'm not a troll looking for attention or anything like that. Just a legit mom hoping for support. :) Thanks! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Yeah, addiction sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I could have written this post myself.  I keep saying that I will quit or at least cut down, but I just have not been able to stop yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Yes, yes it does :/

Quoting winkyloafer:

Yeah, addiction sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
How much do you drink in a day?

How old are your kiddos?

I hope things get better for you and you continue to get the help you need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I do the same thing, and it sucks so bad! I know what I WANT, just haven't been able to get there :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I could have written this post myself.  I keep saying that I will quit or at least cut down, but I just have not been able to stop yet.

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest going to AA meetings. I think they have people who have been sober for a while that will "buddy up" with the newer folks so that they can help you through it. Good luck mama! 

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM
12 moms liked this
My mother is an addict. It fucked up our entire childhood I also don't buy addiction as a disease, and I won't apologize for that. Cancer is a disease. Addiction is a result of bad choices. I sincerely hope you stop before you fuck up your kids, too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM

How long have you been drinking?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do the same thing, and it sucks so bad! I know what I WANT, just haven't been able to get there :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quoting winkyloafer:

Yeah, addiction sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Go to an AA or NA mtg. Get some supports and keep going back. Ive been sober for 6 years now thanks to the rooms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)