Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kinda angry at the neighbor eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
There is a new neighbor down at the end of our cul-de-sack(sp?) There is a fence that is not apart of.there property its part of the hoa property, on the other side of the fence is the main entrance of our community, that is by a very busy street. So this new neighbor took it upon themselves to take a chunk of this fence down and make a walk through. Well, NO ONE in the neighborhood wants this damn thing, and those of us with smaller kids don't feel safe with it down either. One of the other neighbors with younger kids made a good point, if someone wanted to snatch up one of our kids this makes it so much easier. 98% of us on the street have young kids and chose this street to live on because its a double fenced cul-de-sack and safe for kids to play. We don't feel as safe anymore, well one of.the other neighbors and myself went down to introduce ourselves to the new neighbor and voice our concern about the fence. This lady was rude from the word go, didn't want to hear anything about it. She told us to "get the fuck over it" and slammed the door in our.face. well, we called the hoa and they will be replacing the fence this week and letting them know not to take it down again. We all agree we don't want to start problems with the new people but we also don't feel what they did was appropreate. If you don't want to live on a blocked off cul-de-sack don't live on one, but don't move onto one and then try to "fix" it.

Eta: this is probably nothing but I was chillen with my friend just now and Dh kinda hollered to me to look. I look over and there are 3 men coming through the walk through and going to that house. Dh said that makes him really uneasy for some reason he can't put his finger on.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Bump
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Agreed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisAngel91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM

We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and we have a devil of a neighbor. We cannot do anything on our own property without coming out and video recording it. We can be raking leaves and he comes out with his camera. He has no reason to hate us, he is just a myserable man, including his wife. She claims we sit on our balcony and watch his wife in the shower. LOL! My BF uses the balcony for when he goes out for a smoke.

Sometimes you just get those neighbors you cannot stand forchanitly yours arn't connecting lawns.

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Yeah, they really shouldn't have moved there if they didnt want that.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Agree

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Please update when the fixing is done?  I personally would like to see how rude-assed neighbor responds to the fence being repaired.

truealaskanmom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

you would think they would know better anyways, you can't do things like that in HOA neighborhoods, that is why I won't live in an HOA I don't like being told what to do with MY property 

bigmessylife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and we have a devil of a neighbor. We cannot do anything on our own property without coming out and video recording it. We can be raking leaves and he comes out with his camera. He has no reason to hate us, he is just a myserable man, including his wife. She claims we sit on our balcony and watch his wife in the shower. LOL! My BF uses the balcony for when he goes out for a smoke.

Sometimes you just get those neighbors you cannot stand forchanitly yours arn't connecting lawns.

There is recent legislation in your case. A woman who was doing this to her neighbors lost her job, was put in jail, and has to sell her home because of her behavior.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)