Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOLY GUACAMOLE! $540.00 Prescription!

Posted by   + Show Post

Thank GOD for Insurance!

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Replies (41-50):
Nursesummer
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Your doctors office can call the insurance company and do a prior authorization. That way it will be covered.

Quoting MichLW69:

I've been on Ambien and Ambien CR for 2 yrs. my co-pay is $217 bc I just got off the phone w Walgreens. That's w the discount card I got from my dr.

Quoting Nursesummer:

You have to have tried and failed ambien for at least 3 nights. Then they will pay for lunesta. And there's copay cards that will bring the cost to less than $30 a month.

Quoting MichLW69:

I was just prescribed Lunesta and w my insurance, it's $217. I don't need to sleep that much - it would give me insomnia just paying that amount ea month. So, I'll be calling my dr tomorrow to see if there's an alternative bc Lunesta doesn't have a generic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Do I need a prescription for that or is it a herbal remedy?

Quoting Amybelle:

How about Alteril?? I get killer insomnia when I'm PMSing & it actually helps a bit.

Quoting MichLW69:

Yes. It doesn't work. I'm so unbelievably stressed that I can't sleep. I only get 4 hrs taking a sleeping pill.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you tried melatonin?

Quoting MichLW69:

I was just prescribed Lunesta and w my insurance, it's $217. I don't need to sleep that much - it would give me insomnia just paying that amount ea month. So, I'll be calling my dr tomorrow to see if there's an alternative bc Lunesta doesn't have a generic.

poshkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Dh's psoriasis medication is over 1200, but that's every 3 months. His old medication was almost 800 a month for psoriatin.
Trixi.VonLace
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM
RIGHT! Dh diabetic meds, blood pressure and cholesterol meds all add up to just over 4K A MONTH. We pay a little under $100 with our insurance.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I will call and ask them tomorrow! Thank you. Thankfully, I have off of work tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about sleep. I hate having insomnia. It's been 17 years and I get very little relief.

Quoting Nursesummer:

Your doctors office can call the insurance company and do a prior authorization. That way it will be covered.

Quoting MichLW69:

I've been on Ambien and Ambien CR for 2 yrs. my co-pay is $217 bc I just got off the phone w Walgreens. That's w the discount card I got from my dr.

Quoting Nursesummer:

You have to have tried and failed ambien for at least 3 nights. Then they will pay for lunesta. And there's copay cards that will bring the cost to less than $30 a month.

Quoting MichLW69:

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Herbal OTC... I was REALLY surprised that it helped!! My PMS Insomia is even Ambien Proof & like you Melatonin didn't do anything for me.

Quoting MichLW69:

Quoting Amybelle:

How about Alteril?? I get killer insomnia when I'm PMSing & it actually helps a bit.

Quoting MichLW69:

Yes. It doesn't work. I'm so unbelievably stressed that I can't sleep. I only get 4 hrs taking a sleeping pill.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MichLW69:

anon1986East
by Kali on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I agree. The least expensive prescription I have is just under $350 without insurance and that's just for one month's supply of one particular medication. Without insurance my medications, which make it possible for me to live, would cost over two thousand dollars a month. It's absolutely ridiculous that medications cost so much, I have a friend who doesn't have insurance and with what she pays in medical costs and medication she could have easily bought a house by now.

Nursesummer
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome! I have to do them all the time at work. Good luck! Hope you get some zzzzz's.

Quoting MichLW69:

I will call and ask them tomorrow! Thank you. Thankfully, I have off of work tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about sleep. I hate having insomnia. It's been 17 years and I get very little relief.

Quoting Nursesummer:

Quoting MichLW69:

Quoting Nursesummer:

Quoting MichLW69:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM
My dad had a pill he took once a month when he was on dialysis it was 700 for one pill.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Thanks! I will go get it now.

Quoting Amybelle:

Herbal OTC... I was REALLY surprised that it helped!! My PMS Insomia is even Ambien Proof & like you Melatonin didn't do anything for me.

Quoting MichLW69:

Quoting Amybelle:

Quoting MichLW69:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MichLW69:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured