Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Children need socialization and intellectualization through daycare----stay-at-home mom is just not enough...

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Replies (561-570):
Minnetonka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM
And....YOU are an idiot because you don't know the difference between your and you're!
Speaking of lack of being able to parent, please teach your stay-at-home children the difference (or pay someone else to do it!)

Quoting Anonymous:

WRONG ! All kids need socialization some way and it can't just be from mom. Just because a mom puts her kid in a program for let's say only 2 hours a week does not make her a bad mom. It makes a GOOD mom because kids need to be around other kids unless you gave birth to a litter !

Quoting Anonymous:

I think your an idiot!! Whatever makes you feel better about your lack of being able to parent, so you pay someone to do it for you!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:52 AM

merp

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I wouldn't say they have to go to daycare but I think interacting with kids their age on a regular basis is good
Anonymous
by Anonymous 102 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I've worked in daycare, I don't f'ing think so.
SerenityBerry
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:59 AM

While children do need socialization and a change of stimuli daycare is not the only place to find that. Many SAHM take their children to parks, play groups, momma and baby or toddler activity classes. So I would have to disagree with your statement. 

Minnetonka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Obviously, my child's private daycare is top 1% in the country and daycares are extremely different from state to state.....
So many of you read this and said "no way my child is going to that ratty low-rent daycare in that lady's basement!"
I wasn't comparing apples to apples.

Quoting Minnetonka:

shaynaj1980
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM

This is too hilarious. I nearly spit my drink. Seriously? Do people really believe this? I spent most of my pre-k life around adults and cousins who were at least 3 years older than me. Socially I am just fine thankyouverymuch. Not only that, one of my friend's sons also interacted mostly with adults and kids much older than he. Again, he is just fine. 

redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM

rolling on floor

Minnetonka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Sure! I did that too in addition to daycare--- parks, museums, plays, orchestra halls, toddler activity class, art classes, gymnastics, swim lessons at 3----It is just not the same because "Mommy" is right there CONSTANTLY! Other people "without mommy" is the key to building an independent, confident child. Mother's on this site are very myopic and believe their child should only get their point of view every day.
Thank you for being a decent responder with manners:)

Quoting SerenityBerry:

While children do need socialization and a change of stimuli daycare is not the only place to find that. Many SAHM take their children to parks, play groups, momma and baby or toddler activity classes. So I would have to disagree with your statement. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 103 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I would agree that some children would be far better off in daycare than at home with the parents.  Especially the poor kids that are stuck being raised by the crazies.  Sadly, those are the welfare fools who are paid to sit at home and pretend they are SAHM's when they are nothing more than welfare queens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN