Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children need socialization and intellectualization through daycare----stay-at-home mom is just not enough...

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Replies (51-60):
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I am inclined to disagree.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Not even close to the truth. My kids didn't start public school until they were in 1st and 2nd grade. They are extremely social and incredibly smart children.

Newfie_Mom
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not even a sahm and I disagree. There are many venues for socialization of kids who have sahms. Not to mention have you looked around lately socialization is not in shortage. Proper manners, intelligence, and understanding is!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
susan115
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I have both worked and stayed home.  My kids were happy with me staying home.  My husband was happier, and I think it depends on your personality.  Now, to make a blanket statement of what you posted was offensive.

Not just to stay at home moms but to all working mothers.

You either don't have kids or if you do, please give them up, you don't deserve them.

makaliasmomma
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Most kids have their own personalities. If they are shy, no matter what, they will be shy. If they're outgoing, they'll make friends anywhere. 

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
And that is in my opinion what is wrong with society today. People like you who don't want to take responsibility for raising their own children. As a stay at home mom I teach my child and expose my child to what I deem appropriate. I decide who my child socialize with and the kind of social environment he is in. It is my responsibility to raise my child in what I deem the best environment. Exposing my child to childcare when there is not a need is in my opinion a parenting failure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM

ginger813
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I think you are confused about what SAHM's do. It's not like we stay locked up in our house 24/7. Trust me, my kids get plenty of socialization. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree. Shutting kids in a room with a fixed group of kids their own age is a lousy way to socialize them. Kids who are home with their mothers are exposed to a far greater range of social experiences.

Quoting lowencope:

I don't agree with assuming things about ppl based on their lifestyle choice. Some kids with sahms are socialized and some aren't. Daycare is a great way to do it but not the only way to do it.

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Wow, really? I guess that depends on the stay at home mom that's involved, doesn't it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured