Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Children need socialization and intellectualization through daycare----stay-at-home mom is just not enough...

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Replies (591-600):
shudderette
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

what is daycare except paying someone to do a job that you can do better? yeah, no thanks, my kids are good.

Minnetonka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I am not looking for it--I have it!
I thought this site was to learn how to be better parents by learning from others.
Is this a single/divorced moms' site ? ( I don't know)

Quoting Nynnie:

Well, this is a bunch of women lol. Plus this is a drama group, love&marriage is about being happy and in love and having kids if that's what ur lookin for

Quoting Minnetonka:

Nooooo; It shows their True Colors as a mommy!

And then they teach their blessed children to be just like them.

Sarcasm and jealousy are learned.

I need to find the educated and married and happy mom site.....this is a circus

Quoting Momniscient:

I love how these posts bring out the worst in people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Another bitch who is angry because she is forced to work. Even still I'm sure she's struggling to get by and her measly income along with her husbands pennies aren't enough to keep up. I'm a stay at home mom and my daughter is friendly, polite, loves people and is smarter than some of her peers who are in daycare. Daycare is not school! It's a place where kids play and eat and nap while other adults watch them. They song songs and have story time. That can't be done at home? Again stop being mad that you're too broke to stay home with your kid!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Can that few hours a day not be obtained by swim lessons or say gymnastics, or even going to the park and letting them play with all different types of kids.  My 4 year old has two days a week 1.5 hours each of gymnastics then 30 min two other days a week at swim.  I think your delivery on this is a little off putting to stir up the drama personally.

Quoting Minnetonka:

Yes, really. And yes, my children went to the park, had play dates, attended swim and riding lessons, etc etc and they had a blast too... I am pointing out that a few hours a day AWAY from mommy--without mommy's approval eye and constant direction, is beneficial to any child's independence and confidence for the rest of their life. All the moms on this site think a few hours away from them at a structured school is the worst thing for their child.
Disagree, ok, Just promise me , that you will be there every day after school starting at 11+ when they need you the most.

Quoting SoInLove515:

Really? Me and my kid were at the park with a bunch of other kids and adults for 3 hours today. He had a blast.

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

Leobaby2007
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Not true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Best troll post ever!

Kudos op, kudos.
Minnetonka
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Potty training, learning to count, learning to say please and thank yous and lining up to take naps and story time...
I think anyone can do that job. Anyone. Anyone.

But starting at age 10+? Completely different answer.
Then you have MAJOR life training that I will NEVER trust anyone else to do. That is major parenting 100% .
Make a promise to be there every second---That is when Parenting gets difficult.
Ages 1 through 9 are a piece of cake.

Quoting shudderette:

what is daycare except paying someone to do a job that you can do better? yeah, no thanks, my kids are good.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I think daycare is really beneficial for all that but you can get te same thing with play groups, play dates and other activities
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah427
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM
My kids socialize far more now that I'm more available (mostly a sahm). When I worked ft after school socialization was pretty much nonexistent. Now, ds has baseball 3 times a week, dd has dance 3 times a week, and there is time for going to the park and library. And they even have play dates on top of everything else. Where do you get your facts from? If this is what you have experienced, you are doing something wrong...

Quoting Minnetonka:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Ok. Well you go right on ahead and let the government raise your children. I keep raising mine. Which by the way are turning out to be wonderful people.
SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I don't think a kid is doomed if they don't go to daycare. Lol my kid has a good balance of different activities that we do and it works for us. Kid's don't NEED daycare. However, he will start pre school in another year and get that "much needed time away from my watchful eye". He will be 3 by then.

Quoting Minnetonka:

Yes, really. And yes, my children went to the park, had play dates, attended swim and riding lessons, etc etc and they had a blast too... I am pointing out that a few hours a day AWAY from mommy--without mommy's approval eye and constant direction, is beneficial to any child's independence and confidence for the rest of their life. All the moms on this site think a few hours away from them at a structured school is the worst thing for their child.

Disagree, ok, Just promise me , that you will be there every day after school starting at 11+ when they need you the most.

Quoting SoInLove515:

Really? Me and my kid were at the park with a bunch of other kids and adults for 3 hours today. He had a blast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)