Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Children need socialization and intellectualization through daycare----stay-at-home mom is just not enough...

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Replies (621-630):
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Eh Manners on here are few an far between but that is because of the anonymity.  So are you in MN, since your name is Minnetonka.  :)

Quoting Minnetonka:

Tanya~~Yes! A few hours a day EVERY day and AWAY from mommy is good--so your swim and gymnastics is fine because your kids are with a different structured "coach" and not just "free playing". I posted my original post too quickly and meant to edit it my rough version (off putting) of what I wanted to say---i thought I deleted it and came back later and saw all the posts..... I truly thought people were smart enough to see the main point, but 90% can't. And the manners are insane~~ and those are the ones who keep their kids at home to teach them better than someone else.

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Can that few hours a day not be obtained by swim lessons or say gymnastics, or even going to the park and letting them play with all different types of kids.  My 4 year old has two days a week 1.5 hours each of gymnastics then 30 min two other days a week at swim.  I think your delivery on this is a little off putting to stir up the drama personally.

Quoting Minnetonka:

Yes, really. And yes, my children went to the park, had play dates, attended swim and riding lessons, etc etc and they had a blast too... I am pointing out that a few hours a day AWAY from mommy--without mommy's approval eye and constant direction, is beneficial to any child's independence and confidence for the rest of their life. All the moms on this site think a few hours away from them at a structured school is the worst thing for their child.

Disagree, ok, Just promise me , that you will be there every day after school starting at 11+ when they need you the most.

Quoting SoInLove515:

Really? Me and my kid were at the park with a bunch of other kids and adults for 3 hours today. He had a blast.

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Lol no problem. CM is a great site, u just gotta figure out where u wanna be in it

Quoting Minnetonka:

Thanks Nynnie--I just dont understand why everyone is so mean. All the time.

It's so unproductive. I appreciate you explaining where I accidently landed!

Quoting Nynnie:

This site is for ALL moms, no matter how they're doing, even moms who don't wanna be moms, step moms, moms who have turned into guys. Love&marriage is a group on this site lol, u came to a group where everybody lets off steem and everybody talks shit to them about it, there's worse ones than this. There is also one called parenting advise if ur looking for that without the critisism and bitching ur gonna get here

Quoting Minnetonka:

I am not looking for it--I have it!

I thought this site was to learn how to be better parents by learning from others.

Is this a single/divorced moms' site ? ( I don't know)

Quoting Nynnie:

Well, this is a bunch of women lol. Plus this is a drama group, love&marriage is about being happy and in love and having kids if that's what ur lookin for

Quoting Minnetonka:

Nooooo; It shows their True Colors as a mommy!

And then they teach their blessed children to be just like them.

Sarcasm and jealousy are learned.

I need to find the educated and married and happy mom site.....this is a circus

Quoting Momniscient:

I love how these posts bring out the worst in people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Another bitch who is angry because she is forced to work. Even still I'm sure she's struggling to get by and her measly income along with her husbands pennies aren't enough to keep up. I'm a stay at home mom and my daughter is friendly, polite, loves people and is smarter than some of her peers who are in daycare. Daycare is not school! It's a place where kids play and eat and nap while other adults watch them. They song songs and have story time. That can't be done at home? Again stop being mad that you're too broke to stay home with your kid!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Sorry you never see your kids :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:09 AM
You started off by being a bitch in your title, that's why everyone is so mean. You can't be that fucking clueless.

Quoting Minnetonka:

Thanks Nynnie--I just dont understand why everyone is so mean. All the time.

It's so unproductive. I appreciate you explaining where I accidently landed!

Quoting Nynnie:

This site is for ALL moms, no matter how they're doing, even moms who don't wanna be moms, step moms, moms who have turned into guys. Love&marriage is a group on this site lol, u came to a group where everybody lets off steem and everybody talks shit to them about it, there's worse ones than this. There is also one called parenting advise if ur looking for that without the critisism and bitching ur gonna get here

Quoting Minnetonka:

I am not looking for it--I have it!

I thought this site was to learn how to be better parents by learning from others.

Is this a single/divorced moms' site ? ( I don't know)

Quoting Nynnie:

Well, this is a bunch of women lol. Plus this is a drama group, love&marriage is about being happy and in love and having kids if that's what ur lookin for

Quoting Minnetonka:

Nooooo; It shows their True Colors as a mommy!

And then they teach their blessed children to be just like them.

Sarcasm and jealousy are learned.

I need to find the educated and married and happy mom site.....this is a circus

Quoting Momniscient:

I love how these posts bring out the worst in people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Another bitch who is angry because she is forced to work. Even still I'm sure she's struggling to get by and her measly income along with her husbands pennies aren't enough to keep up. I'm a stay at home mom and my daughter is friendly, polite, loves people and is smarter than some of her peers who are in daycare. Daycare is not school! It's a place where kids play and eat and nap while other adults watch them. They song songs and have story time. That can't be done at home? Again stop being mad that you're too broke to stay home with your kid!

ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM
My oldest is in daycare (my youngest is still to young for the min. age) we still spend time together its not like they are there 6am-9:00pm lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:13 AM
And they don't get that with a stay home mom because.....?

We so play and learn classes with other kids and moms.
We go play at the park.
We have play dates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:17 AM

As the youngest of 3 girls who did just fine without being in daycare and mom of 2 kids who have done just fine with out daycare..I'm just going to say...LOL ok.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

This comment is just as asinine as the OPs.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM
No not really. My son had no issues when he started kindergarten. He was always interacting with people and kids in one way or another without pre school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM

i think i will raise my child and teach hi, all he needs to know not have some strangers do it for me....but thanks for your uneducated opinion:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)