Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So worried about my little girl!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

I have posted about her headaches and double vision (without pain) before. The Dr. did some bloodwork and a CT scan, and she was diagnosed with "migraines". I took her to the eye Dr., and found out she had become nearsighted and needed glasses within the 5 months since her last eye exam. I was really, really hoping the glasses would help her headaches.

She is still getting nearly daily headaches (not typical migraine type headaches), and she is increasingly so tired every day. She passed out today at 5:30pm. 

Her diet is excellent. She drinks pretty much only water. She has always gone to bed at 8:00pm her whole life so she gets plenty of sleep. 

I just don't know what else to do for her. Even if we get a referral to a city neurologist, it will take up to 6 months for her to get in. I just feel like she's slipping away. She went from a crazy talented athlete to this miserable, tired little girl in the span of 5-6 months. She's only 10 :(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM

:( I hope u get answers soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Thanks. I just hate seeing her go through this. 

Quoting Jessy613:

invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Push harder (Not that you aren't)and pitch a fit to get her in to a neurologist. The dr's here would not diagnose my DS with his migraines I had to argue and fight to get him the help he needed to deal with his Asthma and Migraine issue. I would be afraid for my child also if I was seeing the symptoms you are describing. Since she has deteriorated so quickly I would wonder if there was something more serious going on. Dr's sometime don't stop long enough to listen to us moms when we have a better understanding of children's normal; behaviors.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessy613:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:27 PM

It's not about pushing hard or not. It is super hard to get into them, especially living 3 hours away. Their waiting list is forever long, even if you are already a patient of their's. I have no idea what's going on with her. Being so tired all the time is just NOT like her. It's NOT like her to not want to stand for more than a few minutes. I am just not thinking this is all caused by "migraines" in a 10 year old. 

Quoting invisibleme:

Push harder (Not that you aren't)and pitch a fit to get her in to a neurologist. The dr's here would not diagnose my DS with his migraines I had to argue and fight to get him the help he needed to deal with his Asthma and Migraine issue. I would be afraid for my child also if I was seeing the symptoms you are describing. Since she has deteriorated so quickly I would wonder if there was something more serious going on. Dr's sometime don't stop long enough to listen to us moms when we have a better understanding of children's normal; behaviors.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessy613:

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Is there a Childrens Hospital anywhere you can get her an appt with? I hope you get answers soon and she is better soon.

kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Where are you from? I'll happily spend some time on the Internet to try to find someone who may see her faster.

Anyway, I really hope she starts doing better as soon as possible. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Any other symptoms? Weight loss/gain? Loss of focus? Stomach issues?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Your Dr can't get her in for an "emergency" visit. I know the Drs here always save appointments for patients that need to be seen immediately rather than just follow up. Have you tried calling the neuro drs and seeing if you can get one of them to call and get the referal from your dr to get her seen sooner? These are just options I would try but then again anything with neurological or heart concerns elevates my anxiety issues and I just have to have answers.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not about pushing hard or not. It is super hard to get into them, especially living 3 hours away. Their waiting list is forever long, even if you are already a patient of their's. I have no idea what's going on with her. Being so tired all the time is just NOT like her. It's NOT like her to not want to stand for more than a few minutes. I am just not thinking this is all caused by "migraines" in a 10 year old. 

Quoting invisibleme:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessy613:

MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Has she had an MRI with contrast?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Thank you. We are in Utah, about 3 hours from Salt Lake City. 

Her headaches are a steady band of pain that comes on suddenly (not throbbing or pulsating, no sensitivity to light or sound, no nausea), always in the front of her head over her eye and/or in her temple. They aren't so bad that they are debilitating. She usually claims a 5-6 on the pain scale. She gets random double vision, but no pain associated with it. Occasional light headedness, with a "woozy" feeling that she may pass out. She gets really tired at random times throughout the day, and especially later in the afternoon. She doesn't want to stand or walk for long periods of time (which is odd because she's always been a dedicated athlete and full of energy). 

Quoting kappalopokis:

I'm sorry to hear that. Where are you from? I'll happily spend some time on the Internet to try to find someone who may see her faster.

Anyway, I really hope she starts doing better as soon as possible. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Any other symptoms? Weight loss/gain? Loss of focus? Stomach issues?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM

No, not yet. Just a CT Scan, which was clear.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Has she had an MRI with contrast?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN