Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE PG 17 - Let's say your house is a disaster and you find out CPS is showing up at 9 am tomorrow...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What would be your method to get it cleaned up fast? Would you time yourself and rotate rooms? Pick a spot and move clockwise, one room at a time?

Help please.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
robyann
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I would do one room at a time. First pick up everything that doesn't belong in that room, put it all in a laundry basket. Then start from the top and work your way down. Like taking a broom and swiping the corners for cob webs, then walls, if there are any noticable marks clean that off, then dust the furniture, tv, tables, etc...then the floor. Move on to the kitchen same concept remove thiings that don't belong then start at the top and work your way down. *Hint* you can hide things in the oven and dishwasher. Move on the the kids' rooms, cps will want to see those. If it is extremely clutter with tons of toys put some in a laundry basket or two and stash them in the laundry area or your own bedroom. The bathrooms, clean the mirror, wipe down the sink and toliet, close the shower curtains. Shut your own bedroom door, there is no reason cps should go in there. 

Make sure there is food in the fridge and the kids have clean clothes. 

lilmama3189
Put on some music & get my ass in gear!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WandaSue

yup!!!

Quoting Nicole1357:

It doesn't matter how you clean it..just get off here and clean it. Clean it for your children! 

MrsWhite101610
2 moms liked this
Id suggest calling family to come help if your house is that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

They could come right now, but if I had until 9 am the next morn it would be spotless and I'd probably go shopping for some new decor or bake something to serve! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Well mine isn't like that. A little cleaning every day keeps it clean. A house has to be bad for cps to really be concerned. I'm imagining 'hoarders' right now. If it was bad, I'd stay up all night and go room to room. I always feel horrible for kids that have to live in filth
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Depends on the disaster. My house is a disaster in my definition now but would still only take maybe 2-3 hours to get spotless and deep cleaned. Maybe 4 if I wanted to get really deep.

I'd start on one room get it picked up and washed, then move to the next, and work all night if I had to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Messy or dirty? I would start with the living room/kitchen--blast music and drink a monster to keep moving till its done.. If it is just messy/clutter. Shouldn't take too long, however dirty is a whole other story.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Get off the computer and bust ass!! Make sure it's clean and you have food.

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Dirty kitchen, messy everywhere else

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it a messy house or a dirty house? Those are not the same thing.... Messy house is easy to clean... Dirty house, ew...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)