Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can you commit suicide if you have kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Like how can you be so disgustingly selfish...its sad. Just heard about mindy mcready
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM

oh damn I missed a spot *starts licking*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
She had her kids taken away!!! Her husband died!!! She's wasn't well. So sad. Those poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM

It can be hard to be in a mental battle with yourself...she had a lot on her plate. A girl I went to HS with killed herself, leaving a 5 yr old without a mother (she had a lot of issues) I will never understand it, one my bad days I always think of my little boy first, I could never end my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Actually I have. My daughters the only thing that kept me going

Quoting Anonymous:

You've never had depression, have you? But go ahead, pass judgement on something you know nothing about.

mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

She had tried committing suicide a couple times before this.  She was addicted to painkillers and overdosed a lot. So sad.  I loved her music.

bellawomen
by Summer on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Its called mental ILLNESS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Scratching, scraping, pulling, squeezing, palms are sweaty, fingertips bloody, reaching high, hanging on, to jagged ledges, just to get by - Just to hold on - Just to be told, we do it wrong.

Whispering, Crying,creeping, yelling, screaming, talking, singing, writing ,dreaming,. some one will know, some one will hear, some one will care.  Some one.

Broken, hoping, grasping, groping, breathing, choking, lungs on fire like they're not working, body pushed to the edge, invisibly jerking, and I keep trying to convinvce myself this effort is worthit.

Exhausted but no rest, no reprieve, no time, I have to keep my head, at least, right, here.  At least right here.  Then if they do, if they do look at my face, it will be there, it will be there if they look and maybe, I''m sure I could, I always do  -I'm sure I've fooled them,. theres no reason, to look twice,. you don't have to look twice, and you don't have to feel bad.  Just keep walking. just keep thinking, about something else, but not me,.I am just hanging on and it takes alot of energy just to try and fool you, and I've got alot of other people to fool too - so you just keep on walking.

Its night now, the air is cool, but I am sweating,. still perpetually in the fight, still giving it everything they've told me should work,. and sometimes, I smile while I do it because I don't want to hear your advice on how to keep my head above water, or how to keep a hold of this ledge w. sweaty palms and bloody fingertips,.. while your standing on the ground.

Drowning slowly,. and everything above,. looks so pretty, so peaceful, so slow, and you know the ones you've been hanging on for,. will all do well, they will be okay,. so you sink, farther and farther down w. a peaceful smile on your face,. slowly, slowly down - the cold embraces you and and you almost reach out and feel the future they will have free of your burdened mind.   They will be sad at first,. then they will find life w. o  your heart.

At least, that what you see in your three second dream when you closed your eyes on the side of a cliff, and you wish you could convince your self its true,. because right now your

Scratching, scrapping, pulling, squeezing, palms are sweaty, fingertips bloody, reaching high, hanging on, to jagged ledges, just to get by - Just to hold on - Just to be told, we do it wrong.

Whispering, Crying,creeping, yelling, screaming, talking, singing, writing ,dreaming,. some one will know, some one will hear, some one will care.  Some one.

Broken, hoping, grasping, groping, breathing, choking, lungs on fire like they're not working, body pushed to the edge like its not working, and I keep trying to convinvce myself this effort is worthit.

Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
You feel like your children would be better off without you. You have a mental illness that you couldn't overcome. You think "better they grow up without a mom than one like me.". Lots of things could be going on in someone's mind when they do that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Kali on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel the same way. I know two women who killed themselves and left behind very young children. My cousin is still mad that I didn't go to their funerals. I've dealt with depression and anxiety for years, I know what it's like to want to end your own life but when I became a mother suicide was no longer an option. I don't care if I lose it all, if I end up living on the street, or anything else I will not kill myself because I need to see my children grow up. I've seen the issues that accompany some children who lost a parent to suicide and I would never do that to my children. 

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny how you would be one to say something like this.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Good grief. Some of you people really need to get a grip on mental illness, suicide, and what the word "selfish" really means.

Why is that?  I've long been a mental illness advocate and suicide interventionist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured