Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how can you commit suicide if you have kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Like how can you be so disgustingly selfish...its sad. Just heard about mindy mcready
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (281-290):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

She shot her boyfriend's dog, too. Nice move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

All I can think is that they get to such a dark and lonely place where nothing ever seems like it's going to get better and they honestly don't see any other way out...they truly think that everyone will be better off without them.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

simply summed up!

Quoting forgottenluv:

exactly !!! 

Quoting maciymommieof3:

It isnt selfish. Selfish is a sane emotion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I think this is third time mentioning my story but oh well.

A few weeks ago my DF tried to commit suicide. I found him, barely breathing, vomit all over and near death. I called 911 not knowing what had happened and the nurses informed it was "attempted suicide."

We have three children together (two our his from a previous marriage) and when I look in their eyes I don't feel resentment toward my DF but guilt that I did not see this coming. Guilt that I was unable to protect him from the stresses of work, finances, home and then I feel even worse thinking I may have contributed to the problem.

I don't know what I would have felt if he had actually been found dead. I don't know if I would think he was being "selfish" or not. It's hard to say unless you've actually been through it and I am so grateful I haven't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

They are in physical pain or mental pain.

they are to tired to keep living.

they feel guilty about something/s

they lost their secure lifestyle

they feel they didn't do good enough by their child/ren/others

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I dont think anything is so bad you have to kill yourself.

kenleespice
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM

the worst part is she killed  her dog.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM

really

Quoting kenleespice:

the worst part is she killed  her dog.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Unless you've dealt with the demons that poor woman had, you have no place to call her selfish or judge her in any way. Usually by the time people get to the point of taking their own life, they are not in their right mind, and I'm sure that's where she was at. It's a terrible tragedy, and my heart aches for her family, and to have people making snap judgments against her is going to only add to the grief her family is already dealing with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM

its an ILLNESS. i dont why people have such a hard time getting this through their heads. its a DISEASE!! a normal healthy person does not just wake up one day and decide to kill themselves. calling suicide selfish is like calling a woman who dies from cancer and leaves her child that way selfish. a DISEASE!!!! both "treatable" but not necissarily beatable. most people who commit sicide ARE being treated for mental illness. just like most people who die from other diseases are being treated. 

on another angle i find it INCREDIBLY selfish to want someone to say in this world tortured day in and day out by thier mental disease to appease other people. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN