Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how can you commit suicide if you have kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Like how can you be so disgustingly selfish...its sad. Just heard about mindy mcready
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (291-300):
star33
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i use to get mad when people would call my mom selfish.now,i think maybe she was being very selfish.pretty crappy to kill yourself when you have kids depending on you.i wish she could've got better help.i still love her though.life is hard.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My mother recently committed suicide and left behind not only me and my father but my handicapped sister and two amazing grand kids. No one will ever understand the mindset of a suicidal person unless they have been there. I was so angry with my mother for months up until recently, I have forgiven her and I honestly understand why she did. She felt hopeless. She thought she was a burden. She was none of the above and I wish she was here but I can't change that. I dislike when I see people downing people who have committed suicide, it's something that has forever change my life and I don't feel as though my mom was a horrible person for what she did. Her mind was set and she was intent on ending her life :(
I honestly hope that you never have to experience the pain of losing anyone you love to suicide. It's earth shattering, she took a huge piece of me when she left this earth. Unfortunately I was there when she passed away and I have since developed PTSD and has caused me many issues within myself and my personal life. I do not wish what my family went through on anyone. Not even my worst enemy. No one should ever feel the pain or emptiness my family feels. Again, she left us behind with a mess but I have forgiven her and I love her no less because she left us behind. If anything her death has taught me to appreciate life a little more. Even though I'm still messed up from her death I'm learning to appreciate the little things in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Quoting maciymommieof3:

It isnt selfish. Selfish is a sane emotion.

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Until you've dealt with mental illness yourself, don't pass judgement because you don't know what it's like in that person shoes.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM

There are alot of reasons. Usually someone that does that has a psychological problem. 

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I think it's selfish. My sister's dad made sure my sister was going to WalMar after work, so he would know when she would be home. He got a couple of pillows to muffle the gun. He went into the bathroom and shot himself into the pillow. I think he shot himself in the chest. He laid there and had my sister find him dead. To me that was really selfish of him to have her find him like that.

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Quoting star33:

i use to get mad when people would call my mom selfish.now,i think maybe she was being very selfish.pretty crappy to kill yourself when you have kids depending on you.i wish she could've got better help.i still love her though.life is hard.

I'm sorry that you had to go through that.

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Because they aren't strong enough to deal with their problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I agree.
I LOVED Mindy McCready growing up.
When I heard about her suicide yesterday, I was livid.
How can she be so selfish as to leave her two babies behind, motherless, because she was too sad that her bf died.
I told DH today that if he died, not to expect me to join him anytime soon.
That I love him, but if he went, I would have three children that I would need to be strong for, that I refuse to leave by suicide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 69 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I lost my high school sweetheart to suicide. He was only 15 at the time. I will never forget it. He was depressed for a very long time. I was so mad at him for a long time but I have since got over that. I know he is in a better place. I know suicide is not the way to go.

I also lost an aunt to suicide..at least that is what the autopsy said. I really believe she was murdered by the way the story was told. Only GOD, and her know what the truth is. She left behind 2 babies. They are now grown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)