Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What was your wedding like? *long

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 35 Replies

You were warned its long hahah!

Im curious what the majority of people do for a wedding.

Although I am not engaged, mine and so's wedding has already been planned (I know it sounds insane - but Ive told him I already have my wedding planned out and he just laughs and says okay babe).

We plan on saving for it when the time comes, as well as we would like a 'real' honeymoon where we fly somewhere. However - we wouldnt imagine getting married without the money for the wedding we want (mind you I am very DIY and crafty so alot of thing could be done cheap thanks to pinterest lmao!).

I do have two friends on different sides

Friend one

Married by justice of the peace - her mother was her bridesmaid her sister and daughter were flower girls her *now* DH her son was a ring barer and her DHs father(?) was the best man. NOTE: She does have plenty of frieends for a wedding party but those were their choices. She then had a very small ( I think 20? people all together) for a spagetti dinner (casual clothing) and that was it. While I think its great she stuck to a budget if you will, I wonder if shell regret not having a bigger wedding.

Friend two

Keeps changing her wedding date. Seriously shes had 4 dates now lol. She has NOTHING planned except the colors - red and black. She wont save money because she is waiting until the bank will 'approve her for a loan' so she can have a very 'flashy' <- her words not mine* wedding. She complained about planning the wedding - then I showed her its simple if you dont do it all at once like shes trying and showed her my secert wedding pinterest board (for whenever my day comes). While I think its great shell have alot of friends and family around her - i think its a littttlllleeee much to have to pay for her wedding for the next x amount of years.

So which way did you go about your wedding?

Friend One's

Friend Two's

or in the middle?

& Whichever way you went do you sometimes wish you went the other way ( if all out wish you went cheaper and vice versa).

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM

yadda yadda yadda meow yadda meow

CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Neither. Once we got started making plans the wedding got bigger and bigger. Decisions were not hard to make at all and everybody got along really well. My mother and stepmother planned the wedding together (and did beautifully) and my parents paid.

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Yeah Im long winded :( hahaha!

Ill give you some whiskas treats though to make up for it :)

Quoting thetrollcat:

SaraD1989
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
We are on a budget of $6,000. Nice, but nothing too big. The main costs are the location of the ceremony and reception.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaraD1989
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We are on a budget of $6,000. Nice, but nothing too big. The main costs are the location of the ceremony and reception.
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
We just went to the courthouse. Lol
ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Thats great that everyone got along! :)

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

Neither. Once we got started making plans the wedding got bigger and bigger. Decisions were not hard to make at all and everybody got along really well. My mother and stepmother planned the wedding together (and did beautifully) and my parents paid.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM

you are the best!

Quoting ninjakids:

Yeah Im long winded :( hahaha!

Ill give you some whiskas treats though to make up for it :)

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I let my Aunt do the planning. Everything went off with out a hitch. I had about 90 people attend and the only thing I had to do was find the pastor and show up with my dress on.

My sister on the other hand is getting married in October of this year and threw a fit at my because I am refusing to go get my sons that are 10 and 4 measured for their tuxes for her wedding until at least August.They are still growing, there is no point in getting them measured right now, and the people at Men's Warehouse agree with me. lol

poshkat
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I did the jop. Everyone dh's mom, step dad, sisters, bil, nephew, grandma, my mom and sister waited outside because there was no room. My dad was our witness.

What I really wish we did was ask the couple behind us in line the day before to be our witnesses. I wish we didn't tell anyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)