Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

red tattoo question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

So I have 5 tattoos and non have ever done this. I just got this redone yesterday and now its very red around it. I'm doing what I'm supposed to to take care of it. It's warm when you touch it, no puss or anything coming out besides normal plasma and a little ink. It's of course still tender. I have never had a tattoo turn red like this specially the next day! Any ideas? Yes it was pro done, clean place, and new needles I have gotten tattoos done there before again no problems.
Please no bashing I am just worried.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM

This is right after it was done yesterday
Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe you are allergic to the ink?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Its its red and warm you have an infection.....Infected tattoos fucking smell after awhile. Spray it with bactin.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Mine did that and burned like a sunburn. H2ocean mist and keep that shit covered with antibiotic cream for a few days.

Caitlin1983
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Sounds like an infection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM

try a cold compress and take some ibuprofen to help with swelling

LovelyCorrupt
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Did u wear anything wooly over it that might have irritated it? Was it your usual shop? Wash it with the gold dial, pat it dry. If its itching, not like normal tat itching, like deep down itching, take some benedryl. Make sure u use a fragrance free water based lotion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Idk but it makes me itchy just looking at it!
Your body might just be rejecting that ink.
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Bump for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Is it hot tothe touch and swollen? It looks a little swollen. My artist always said to take a really hot shower to open up pores an help set the color real well. then just Vaseline to keep it protected and a little moist. So if you're using a different soap than your other tattoos or even the same you may consider something more mild an no ointments. Maybe even cut back on usin vasoline too much. I'd say if you're really concerned call the artist and ask. Infection isn't real common with tattoos and I'd highly doubt that's your issue.

Another possibility is a reaction to the colors in the ink. I've read that red is the most common while black blues and greens are least. This is also still a small chance and since you've been to this shop before I kind of doubt it as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)