Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone delt with pstd/ trauma while pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Okay well first of all, I know something happened to me when i was younger. I just don't have any memories of it. I get these weird experiences I can hear myself say things, like telling myself no one is coming to save me, my body tenses up like I'm being held down, and i choke myself sometime i grab my chin and say look at me, then  when i open my eyes i cry.Then after its all over,I'm just tired, and i cant connect what happened to anything, like it doesn't mean anything.   It doest happen often, usually from stress or not enough sleep. I currently don't have insurance/am waiting for it to kick in. so I'm waiting on a therapist.

Point is i called my SO and he knows about it, and told me tonight that i can over come it, and was trying to say positive things. I asked him how can i overcome what i don't know. then he rambled and said i hate to be harsh but you need to get over it. like who the fuck are you to tell me to get over something that feels so terrifying that i cant even describe it? I'm so upset. I feel like no one will truly get where I'm coming from, and sometimes i feel crazy. I try to keep calm whenever I start to feel scared or whatever is happening. I just don't want to hurt our baby because of this stress or emotions that i get. Is there anyone out there that has dealt with past trauma while pregnant? Or just in general? Im lost

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I have it now. Trying to find help myself good luck
CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Had a similar issue. Eventually remembered it and was able to work through it. Took a long time though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM

yup...horrible depressing pregnancy, all alone....worst thing EVER...my grown dd has had emotional problems her entire life, and i can't help but wonder if it was due to the stress i was under while preggo

jlynnsalazar
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Yes I suffered from it too with my last pregnancy and it was/ made it more difficult. After you deliver if you chose not to breast feed get on meds for it. If you don't it WILL get worse in time. The best thing u can do is maybe talk to someone you trust besides SO. Or call a help line. Good luck.
duckiesgurl
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I have ptsd and other mental health problems. I see a therapist once a week and I see a phsychrairst (sp) every 3 wee s. I'm on 4 different meds and I have to see my ob everyother week as well this is my 2nd pregnancy with all my diagnosis. IT's hard but you got to try for the best. If ya want to talk message me... maybe we can txt too I know having support is one of the best helpers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I have ptsd and struggled with MPD/DID since I was 17. When I got pregnant it stopped. My Dr daid it was my body protecting my baby. Good luck to you. I hope you get ins soon. Your SO doesnt understand. He doesnt know how to help you. Take what he says with a grain of salt.
krystyneh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Yes but I have been through therapy and with this pregnancy so far and not struggling with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured