Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

at the risk of this getting poofed

Posted by   + Show Post
Who exactly do you all think is going to call you racist if you have a white mom group on here?

I would assume it would be like the other cafemom groups which anyone could join. At least i know anyone can join the AA Moms group. So it wouldn't be excluding anyone, so it isn't racist.

And honestly I am guessing most of the minority moms on here wont care. If CM wont let you have the group then that is an admin issue and not the doing of any of the moms on here.

So do you think the admins are calling you racist?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
gigis1
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM
thought it was orange!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm thinking of starting a blue group. Everyone knows that blue is by far the most superior color.
KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM
2 moms liked this

this makes no sense. why can there be a AA group but white people cant have one? makes no sense!

jj4ij
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
It is a bit unfair. I don't see then need for any specific "race" posts so I wouldn't join one anyway. None should be allowed. Why single yourself out by race to begin with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
No, that was me.

Quoting RLT2:

Are you the official "spokesperson anon" from the other post? Just curious?

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
It's been thrown around by members before (always anon of course) and obviously because its the only race/ethnicity group that is not allowed to be a group.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I understand thar but people always say they can't have one cause people would say it was racist who is sayong its racist

Quoting RMB2011:

Cafe mom will not allow it. They've been made several times and always get deleted by admins.
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
But people are making it sound like the minority moms are complaining and that doesn't seem to be the case...

Quoting wkukid:

But you can understand why it angers people and causes problems. The admins aren't treating everyone equal. Inequality tends to create anger and rifts.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I understand but thar doesn't mean anyone is calling anyone racist

Quoting wkukid:

Cafemom deletes them. There's been several.

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually that is exactly what they are doing, by allowing other races to have groups ment for just them (even if they allow everyone) but a group title White Moms is delted that is dicrimination, hence racist. 

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting wkukid:

Fallaya
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Ask cafemom. It wouldn't bother me in the least...

Quoting KaylasMama11:

this makes no sense. why can there be a AA group but white people cant have one? makes no sense!

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I honestly missed that part. 

Quoting ebbierowe:

But people are making it sound like the minority moms are complaining and that doesn't seem to be the case...

Quoting wkukid:

But you can understand why it angers people and causes problems. The admins aren't treating everyone equal. Inequality tends to create anger and rifts.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting wkukid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM
You go ahead and start your orange group. I bet my blue group will attract more members. 😜

Quoting gigis1:

thought it was orange!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm thinking of starting a blue group. Everyone knows that blue is by far the most superior color.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured