Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

at the risk of this getting poofed

Posted by   + Show Post
Who exactly do you all think is going to call you racist if you have a white mom group on here?

I would assume it would be like the other cafemom groups which anyone could join. At least i know anyone can join the AA Moms group. So it wouldn't be excluding anyone, so it isn't racist.

And honestly I am guessing most of the minority moms on here wont care. If CM wont let you have the group then that is an admin issue and not the doing of any of the moms on here.

So do you think the admins are calling you racist?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree...I have no problem with it. The admins seem to but the moms seem to think its other moms

Quoting KaylasMama11:

this makes no sense. why can there be a AA group but white people cant have one? makes no sense!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Someone posted a link to the AA group so I checked it out. I read 5 threads. In one they were talking about "crackers". In another one they were telling a white mom with biracial kids that she shouldn't be there or make a biracial moms group. How is this acceptable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been on CM since shortly after it started years ago. This is an age old issue on CM. Nothing new.

KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly should there even be al different race groups? i dont think so... were all equal and we dont need a group of the same race in order to relate to eachother or help one another out.

Quoting Fallaya:

Ask cafemom. It wouldn't bother me in the least...

Quoting KaylasMama11:

this makes no sense. why can there be a AA group but white people cant have one? makes no sense!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this

CM allows ethnic groups but not really race groups.  Start a group based on your ethnicity and see if that gets deleted.

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
That isn't the outlook of the whole group though....

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone posted a link to the AS group so I checked it out. I read 5 threads. In one they were talking about "crackers". In another one they were telling a white mom with biracial kids that she shouldn't be there or make a biracial moms group. How is this acceptable?
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Alright.

CM gods, why can there not be a white moms group?  Please advise.

MPO is that they do not want to attract some of the more unsavory elements that have come to be associated with the term white pride.  Shit, I am white, and I don't wish to be associated with said elements.

I get the assertion that not all races are treated equally, but in reality...the "white pride" folks have done it in for the rest of us. 

~~JeezuzTitz!  We ain't got time for krazee!!~~

LADYxGHOST
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It is in genral all races but whites can have groups dedicated to their skin tone and be alright, if it is an all white group it is racist. An Irish Club was banned because it was for Irish (through then never denied anone access based on country of origin) it was deemed a supremacist group and forced to disban.

Quoting ebbierowe:

But people are making it sound like the minority moms are complaining and that doesn't seem to be the case...

Quoting wkukid:

But you can understand why it angers people and causes problems. The admins aren't treating everyone equal. Inequality tends to create anger and rifts.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I understand but thar doesn't mean anyone is calling anyone racist

Quoting wkukid:

Cafemom deletes them. There's been several.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
http://www.cafemom.com/groups/create.php
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
6 moms liked this

I just don't see the need for a "white" group..

I can't think of a single thing white moms would need a group for JUST white moms.........

But, I'm only white, maybe I'm missing something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN