Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

at the risk of this getting poofed

Posted by   + Show Post
Who exactly do you all think is going to call you racist if you have a white mom group on here?

I would assume it would be like the other cafemom groups which anyone could join. At least i know anyone can join the AA Moms group. So it wouldn't be excluding anyone, so it isn't racist.

And honestly I am guessing most of the minority moms on here wont care. If CM wont let you have the group then that is an admin issue and not the doing of any of the moms on here.

So do you think the admins are calling you racist?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Crazy ppl still saying its unfair. This website was made by white ppl. So the majority of women on here are white. Is that not enough smh. And the AA group allows anyone to join
carolyntx
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
So will I be allowed to join the AA group and not questioned as to why?
KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM

maybe it can be some other moms also... who knows either way its unfair.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I agree...I have no problem with it. The admins seem to but the moms seem to think its other moms

Quoting KaylasMama11:

this makes no sense. why can there be a AA group but white people cant have one? makes no sense!

areles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM
i don't understand why this is an issue, because i don't understand why anyone would even WANT to create a white moms group. what would be the point, aside from 'fuck you'?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM
And I am sure there were several threads tthat didn't mention white people at all

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone posted a link to the AS group so I checked it out. I read 5 threads. In one they were talking about "crackers". In another one they were telling a white mom with biracial kids that she shouldn't be there or make a biracial moms group. How is this acceptable?
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM
The aa group is run by cafemom

Quoting carolyntx:

So will I be allowed to join the AA group and not questioned as to why?
gigis1
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM
you anons are so racist and heartless<\3

Quoting Anonymous:

You go ahead and start your orange group. I bet my blue group will attract more members. 😜

Quoting gigis1:

thought it was orange!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm thinking of starting a blue group. Everyone knows that blue is by far the most superior color.
Bitchess
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this

purple is the best colour

Quoting gigis1:

thought it was orange!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm thinking of starting a blue group. Everyone knows that blue is by far the most superior color.

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Crazy ppl still saying its unfair. This website was made by white ppl. So the majority of women on here are white. Is that not enough smh. And the AA group allows anyone to join
actually CM was made by MEN
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I think it's sad that it even matters. We all depending on our ethnicity have things that we do that someone of another color or ethnicity may not. For some it may be hair and skin,for others it may be cultural differences with where their families are from. Why is it not ok for them to have a group with other moms who believe the same or have the same things they deal with? We all turn to others on here for help when we have a problem and we all belong to smaller groups with which we have a common link. I see this as no different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)