Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

at the risk of this getting poofed

Posted by   + Show Post
Who exactly do you all think is going to call you racist if you have a white mom group on here?

I would assume it would be like the other cafemom groups which anyone could join. At least i know anyone can join the AA Moms group. So it wouldn't be excluding anyone, so it isn't racist.

And honestly I am guessing most of the minority moms on here wont care. If CM wont let you have the group then that is an admin issue and not the doing of any of the moms on here.

So do you think the admins are calling you racist?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (41-50):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you reporting those as racist? If you aren't you should. No one should be allowed to make statements like that without punishment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone posted a link to the AS group so I checked it out. I read 5 threads. In one they were talking about "crackers". In another one they were telling a white mom with biracial kids that she shouldn't be there or make a biracial moms group. How is this acceptable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Because when white ppl do it It's racism. When minority groups do it it's heritage or cultural togetherness. That in itself is racist.
gigis1
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
the color of barney.... indeed

Quoting Bitchess:

purple is the best colour

Quoting gigis1:

thought it was orange!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm thinking of starting a blue group. Everyone knows that blue is by far the most superior color.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I know that everyone doesn't feel that way. It is just ridiculous that it is allowed. I would say the same thing if any race was using racial slurs or being rude to others based on race. It is wrong no matter who does it.

Quoting ebbierowe:

That isn't the outlook of the whole group though....

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone posted a link to the AS group so I checked it out. I read 5 threads. In one they were talking about "crackers". In another one they were telling a white mom with biracial kids that she shouldn't be there or make a biracial moms group. How is this acceptable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because when white ppl do it It's racism. When minority groups do it it's heritage or cultural togetherness. That in itself is racist.
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
See I don't feel that way....and i know other minorities that don't....but the assumption seems to be that all minorities think what you said

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
And then bashes them if they are white.

Quoting Anonymous:

Crazy ppl still saying its unfair. This website was made by white ppl. So the majority of women on here are white. Is that not enough smh. And the AA group allows anyone to join

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
So an English group, or a Scottish group, or Irish group would be allowed?

Do the AA's have to be specific? Are they from Africa, or Jamaica, etc.?

Just saying....

Quoting Anonymous:

CM allows ethnic groups but not really race groups.  Start a group based on your ethnicity and see if that gets deleted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Lol. 😆

Quoting gigis1:

you anons are so racist and heartless<\3

Quoting Anonymous:

You go ahead and start your orange group. I bet my blue group will attract more members. 😜

Quoting gigis1:

thought it was orange!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm thinking of starting a blue group. Everyone knows that blue is by far the most superior color.
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Well that is just stupid...them.being forced to disban.

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

It is in genral all races but whites can have groups dedicated to their skin tone and be alright, if it is an all white group it is racist. An Irish Club was banned because it was for Irish (through then never denied anone access based on country of origin) it was deemed a supremacist group and forced to disban.

Quoting ebbierowe:

But people are making it sound like the minority moms are complaining and that doesn't seem to be the case...

Quoting wkukid:

But you can understand why it angers people and causes problems. The admins aren't treating everyone equal. Inequality tends to create anger and rifts.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I understand but thar doesn't mean anyone is calling anyone racist

Quoting wkukid:

Cafemom deletes them. There's been several.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)