Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever tried online college?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 22 Replies

Was it successful? Did you like it?
I had a baby 5 months ago and am working a  part time job. I am 19 and would like to secure her future, but there is so much that I could miss. Especially in the first year. She's very attatched to me and breastfed. So I'd like to do online, at least for the 1st year. I want to be an RN.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HappySquirrel
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I am doing online right now. Not to use this to advertise or anything, but I enrolled with PennFoster because they have my program and are the only nationally accredited online school. I am happy with the material they send, with the website and its cute that they send little motivational emails to help pump you up and keep you going.
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I didn't do full-time online college, but I did take a few classes online. It's very convenient to work around almost any schedule - my biggest problem was forgetting I had assignments due and having to finish them last minute. But that's just because my memory sucks, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Most of the on line colleges I looked into didnt offer much for an RN degree. Basiclly would have to go on campus,esp for labs and such.  But my dh did recieve an AA in business from an online school. He loved it. Because he worked nights he was able to get a couple of hours of sleep then do his classes. Every 6 weeks or so he got a new class. I tihnk it tookhim about 2 years to get the degree.

lovemylittle1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I do onlilne college through my local community college. It works great for me and if I ever have any issues, I can go on campus and talk to my instructors face to face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in school for RN and I can take online classes from my local college. some classes I have to onset but most can be done online. Check out your local colleges
amberstars
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Yes and that was a mistake.  I will never do online college again.  Do NOT go to PFC (Penn Foster College) and DO NOT going to that Western Governors University.  Both schools do not transfer credits and their degrees are worthless.  Do not go to University of Phoenix.  That's nothing but a degree mill.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Quoting imafuswb:

I didn't do full-time online college, but I did take a few classes online. It's very convenient to work around almost any schedule - my biggest problem was forgetting I had assignments due and having to finish them last minute. But that's just because my memory sucks, lol.

I have that same problem

HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I do ft college online for psych and I love it I am also 19 with s daughter whom I just stopped breastfeeding and we ha e a boy on the way. I lo e online, I can work and still have time for kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:47 AM

yup and got scammed, dont rec'mend it.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:48 AM

This.

Also 'Fortis Insitute' is a SCAMMY SCAM SCAM.

Trust me on that one.

Quoting amberstars:

Yes and that was a mistake.  I will never do online college again.  Do NOT go to PFC (Penn Foster College) and DO NOT going to that Western Governors University.  Both schools do not transfer credits and their degrees are worthless.  Do not go to University of Phoenix.  That's nothing but a degree mill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN