Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are You Selfish? I Am And Proud To Be - 3rd UC Baby ** Possible TMI Picture**

Posted by   + Show Post
**There is a picture of baby and I just after birth. Like JUST AFTER. Nothing is 'showing', but if you don't want to see it you might just click back.**

According to some (not just on CM, but IRL) I am selfish for the children I have, and the way they were birthed. It's ok though. I love them. I love the choices I made on how and where they were birthed. I would, and might, do it again. ;)

One person's selfish choice is another person's correct choice. If we want to be eeal about this, we are all selfish. We decide what is right because of what we think, feel, know, want, fear, believe, hope for, etc... We are always going to be viewed as selfish by somebody. Who cares!

My last baby was born at home. She was our 5th home birth. Her home birth may have been selfish to some. However, I'm sure that I would have NEVER been allowed to go just shy of 43 weeks if I birthed in the hospital. I would have had to force her out before she was ready. I would have had interventions that I did not want pushed on me. With the size she was, I might have also ended up with a cesarean because I would not have been able to birth her on my back. It would not have been possible to get her out that way. I know this for a fact. However, some see this as selfish on my part. :(

Just because it's not the choice many women would make doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just different. Everyone needs to make the choice they are most comfortable with.

For every selfish mother here... Those who birthed at home, in the hospital, in a birthing center, cesarean section, unassisted, midwife assisted, OB assisted, vaginal, natural, with pain medications... Post your baby pictures...

Show off your babies!!!

This is the fast story of my last birth. Let us see if the pictures pull up (I'm mobile and trying this mulitple uploading trick).

Jan 8, 2013

42 weeks 5 days

Uploaded with Imgupr

Home Water Birth (birth weight 10lb 11oz)

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy while I was showering. DH cleaning her up as she pinks up.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy's First Day

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Family

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Joy, 5 weeks later.

5 Weeks

Uploaded with Imgupr

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

awwwwww.....Nothing more BEAUTIFUL!! Love the slimy, blue smurff pic...so precious!! :) Your Family is Beautiful!!

brebugmom91
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this
I had two vaginal births in a hospital. They were amazing. I couldn't have asked for more.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I always heard that C-sections were the "selfish" choice I thought. I guess women just can't win with their birthing choices! 

Quoting kcangel63:

It is an ongoing thing. Big families and home birth posts in different places. LOL!

Quoting Annettey19:

Beautiful kids! And how are you selfish for a home birth?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Great photos! Congrats!
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
We are. We do our best to be the best we can. Some days are better than others. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome! what a beautiful family! Are you religious by any chance?
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Nope. It's a lose lose situation. :-/

Quoting Annettey19:

I always heard that C-sections were the "selfish" choice I thought. I guess women just can't win with their birthing choices! 

Quoting kcangel63:

It is an ongoing thing. Big families and home birth posts in different places. LOL!

Quoting Annettey19:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM
One of my friends from church (Catholic) has had five home births too. All girls!

Quoting kcangel63:

We are. We do our best to be the best we can. Some days are better than others. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome! what a beautiful family! Are you religious by any chance?

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM
23 moms liked this
Fun fact if you were childless by choice, you'd be selfish. Oh only having one, well that kid NEEDS a sibling. Aww, 2? They better be a boy and girl or you gotta keep trying. OMG, you have 3 or more kids?!?!? That's too many!!!

Honestly, we. just. can't. win. People should really just mind their own uterus and stay out of ours. Lol

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Annettey19:

DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful family. I think we're all a little selfish to even have kids, so meh, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I'd be all for home birth but I always had complications. If things go smoothly then hey have at it. Glad it went well congratulations! And I love her diaper!

Oh and I was in labor with my first. I hated being in that stupid bed! I wasn't even alou to turn over and ended up with an emergency c section. So I opted for c Sections after that. I would not want to go through labor and give birth in a hospital. Birthing center then maybe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN