Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are You Selfish? I Am And Proud To Be - 3rd UC Baby ** Possible TMI Picture**

Posted by   + Show Post
**There is a picture of baby and I just after birth. Like JUST AFTER. Nothing is 'showing', but if you don't want to see it you might just click back.**

According to some (not just on CM, but IRL) I am selfish for the children I have, and the way they were birthed. It's ok though. I love them. I love the choices I made on how and where they were birthed. I would, and might, do it again. ;)

One person's selfish choice is another person's correct choice. If we want to be eeal about this, we are all selfish. We decide what is right because of what we think, feel, know, want, fear, believe, hope for, etc... We are always going to be viewed as selfish by somebody. Who cares!

My last baby was born at home. She was our 5th home birth. Her home birth may have been selfish to some. However, I'm sure that I would have NEVER been allowed to go just shy of 43 weeks if I birthed in the hospital. I would have had to force her out before she was ready. I would have had interventions that I did not want pushed on me. With the size she was, I might have also ended up with a cesarean because I would not have been able to birth her on my back. It would not have been possible to get her out that way. I know this for a fact. However, some see this as selfish on my part. :(

Just because it's not the choice many women would make doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just different. Everyone needs to make the choice they are most comfortable with.

For every selfish mother here... Those who birthed at home, in the hospital, in a birthing center, cesarean section, unassisted, midwife assisted, OB assisted, vaginal, natural, with pain medications... Post your baby pictures...

Show off your babies!!!

This is the fast story of my last birth. Let us see if the pictures pull up (I'm mobile and trying this mulitple uploading trick).

Jan 8, 2013

42 weeks 5 days

Uploaded with Imgupr

Home Water Birth (birth weight 10lb 11oz)

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy while I was showering. DH cleaning her up as she pinks up.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy's First Day

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Family

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Joy, 5 weeks later.

5 Weeks

Uploaded with Imgupr

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (491-500):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Thank you.

Yeah. After my first 3 hospital births, I decided home was the best place for me. Barring any issues, any others will be home births as well. I've been studying pregnancy and birth for the last 7 years. I'm pretty well versed in the risks of the different locations. :) It's something we should all be aware of. In my opinion.

Quoting TammyMom2four:

Beautiful photos, gorgeous family. but, I am SURE you know the risks of having a child at home. I just could not do it myself. I would want all the medical help if the baby or I would need if something went wrong. but it looks like everything went fine, KUDOS to you. Seriously. God bless.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Did I count right, 7 kids?!
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

They keep me moving too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Holy crap!!

Quoting kcangel63:

They keep me moving too.

Quoting Anonymous:

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM

i wanted a home birth. then i had a cramp and cried. lmfao!

beautiful! god bless ya~

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Cute baby, but why do you have so many kids?

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Awe, beautiful. Congrats! And well done!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM
We love them. :) We're more the whatever happens, happens mentality.

I enjoy my pregnancies, births, babies, kids, and even my teenager. LOL! I have my days, as do they. However, I can't imagine life without them. Even our new Joy. I can't believe she's already smiling and talking to me. She's growing so fast.

Quoting Bonita131:

Cute baby, but why do you have so many kids?

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yeah. I thought that the other day. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy crap!!

Quoting kcangel63:

They keep me moving too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)