Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are You Selfish? I Am And Proud To Be - 3rd UC Baby ** Possible TMI Picture**

Posted by   + Show Post
**There is a picture of baby and I just after birth. Like JUST AFTER. Nothing is 'showing', but if you don't want to see it you might just click back.**

According to some (not just on CM, but IRL) I am selfish for the children I have, and the way they were birthed. It's ok though. I love them. I love the choices I made on how and where they were birthed. I would, and might, do it again. ;)

One person's selfish choice is another person's correct choice. If we want to be eeal about this, we are all selfish. We decide what is right because of what we think, feel, know, want, fear, believe, hope for, etc... We are always going to be viewed as selfish by somebody. Who cares!

My last baby was born at home. She was our 5th home birth. Her home birth may have been selfish to some. However, I'm sure that I would have NEVER been allowed to go just shy of 43 weeks if I birthed in the hospital. I would have had to force her out before she was ready. I would have had interventions that I did not want pushed on me. With the size she was, I might have also ended up with a cesarean because I would not have been able to birth her on my back. It would not have been possible to get her out that way. I know this for a fact. However, some see this as selfish on my part. :(

Just because it's not the choice many women would make doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just different. Everyone needs to make the choice they are most comfortable with.

For every selfish mother here... Those who birthed at home, in the hospital, in a birthing center, cesarean section, unassisted, midwife assisted, OB assisted, vaginal, natural, with pain medications... Post your baby pictures...

Show off your babies!!!

This is the fast story of my last birth. Let us see if the pictures pull up (I'm mobile and trying this mulitple uploading trick).

Jan 8, 2013

42 weeks 5 days

Uploaded with Imgupr

Home Water Birth (birth weight 10lb 11oz)

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy while I was showering. DH cleaning her up as she pinks up.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy's First Day

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Family

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Joy, 5 weeks later.

5 Weeks

Uploaded with Imgupr

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I'd totally homebirth, if I had a midwife and ready access to a hospital :) my biggest fear is hemorraging like I did with my first.

I do have a question. what about the vitamin k and pku they do at the hospital when the baby is first born. do you get that done? also did you worry about your dd's size and sugar levels right after she was born?

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Oh she was gooey too. My fingers stuck together. Even after showering and scrubbing, I was finding the vernix on my legs and chest. LOL

That too bad they cleaned yours up so quickly.

Quoting 209mom4you:

I always wished I could see my kids all gooey...... i had emergency c section with number 1 and a scheduled with number 2 and they always wiped the boys down before showing them to me.. I never saw a "gooey" baby before thank you.

209mom4you
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I was really dissapointed over it actually.

Quoting kcangel63:

Oh she was gooey too. My fingers stuck together. Even after showering and scrubbing, I was finding the vernix on my legs and chest. LOL

Quoting 209mom4you:

I always wished I could see my kids all gooey...... i had emergency c section with number 1 and a scheduled with number 2 and they always wiped the boys down before showing them to me.. I never saw a "gooey" baby before thank you.

SimplyErathy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM

iv heard home birthers called selfish becasue some feel its more for mom then anything and that they are putting baby in harms way -_-

were planning a home water birth for baby #3 when we get pregnant :)

Quoting Annettey19:

I always heard that C-sections were the "selfish" choice I thought. I guess women just can't win with their birthing choices! 

Quoting kcangel63:

It is an ongoing thing. Big families and home birth posts in different places. LOL!

Quoting Annettey19:

Beautiful kids! And how are you selfish for a home birth?

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I don't do the Vit k or PKU. Some do. I just chose not to. With her size, that was just due to being almost 3 weeks past my EDD. ;)

Quoting bustybee:

I'd totally homebirth, if I had a midwife and ready access to a hospital :) my biggest fear is hemorraging like I did with my first.

I do have a question. what about the vitamin k and pku they do at the hospital when the baby is first born. do you get that done? also did you worry about your dd's size and sugar levels right after she was born?

Mommyprinc3ss3s
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Congrat's you have a beautiful baby & family :)
mommieof3_752
1 mom liked this

I would have tried a home birth...but Im pretty sure my DH would have freaked out and made me go to the hospital half way through...lol

You have a beautiful family...and I dont think you are selfish at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Breeder Rat! Time to get sterilized!

LiliM
1 mom liked this

Had both mine at home.  Researched it like crazy.  DH and I discussed the risks. 

My mom called me selfish, told me I ought to take better care of her grandkid than that.

LOL, pissed me off so bad I went into labor 4 hours later.  In spite of a 2 hour argument over the whole thing, she was there and helping when ODS showed up.

And when YDS came along.  And in the end, thought it was beautiful, and could see why I loved doing it. 

I advocate it for anyone who wants it, as long as they are informed.

Your pics are lovely.  Congrats on Joy!

~~JeezuzTitz!  We ain't got time for krazee!!~~

SimplyErathy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM

alot dont know that you actually suppose to rub it in! hospitals towel them off and bathe them, vernix has soooo many good things for your skin! in other contries mom will actually rub some on herself and old people love it too lol

Quoting 209mom4you:

I was really dissapointed over it actually.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting 209mom4you:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured