Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are You Selfish? I Am And Proud To Be - 3rd UC Baby ** Possible TMI Picture**

Posted by   + Show Post
**There is a picture of baby and I just after birth. Like JUST AFTER. Nothing is 'showing', but if you don't want to see it you might just click back.**

According to some (not just on CM, but IRL) I am selfish for the children I have, and the way they were birthed. It's ok though. I love them. I love the choices I made on how and where they were birthed. I would, and might, do it again. ;)

One person's selfish choice is another person's correct choice. If we want to be eeal about this, we are all selfish. We decide what is right because of what we think, feel, know, want, fear, believe, hope for, etc... We are always going to be viewed as selfish by somebody. Who cares!

My last baby was born at home. She was our 5th home birth. Her home birth may have been selfish to some. However, I'm sure that I would have NEVER been allowed to go just shy of 43 weeks if I birthed in the hospital. I would have had to force her out before she was ready. I would have had interventions that I did not want pushed on me. With the size she was, I might have also ended up with a cesarean because I would not have been able to birth her on my back. It would not have been possible to get her out that way. I know this for a fact. However, some see this as selfish on my part. :(

Just because it's not the choice many women would make doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just different. Everyone needs to make the choice they are most comfortable with.

For every selfish mother here... Those who birthed at home, in the hospital, in a birthing center, cesarean section, unassisted, midwife assisted, OB assisted, vaginal, natural, with pain medications... Post your baby pictures...

Show off your babies!!!

This is the fast story of my last birth. Let us see if the pictures pull up (I'm mobile and trying this mulitple uploading trick).

Jan 8, 2013

42 weeks 5 days

Uploaded with Imgupr

Home Water Birth (birth weight 10lb 11oz)

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy while I was showering. DH cleaning her up as she pinks up.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy's First Day

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Family

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Joy, 5 weeks later.

5 Weeks

Uploaded with Imgupr

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (481-490):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
33 with 7 kids...and your oldest is 15? Wow I had my first at 33 lol as long as there's plenty of love going around and the kids are happy and healthy that's what matters. I admire women who are brave enough to do natural birth nevermind home births! thats a whole other level of courage. No one has the right to tell anyone how to birth their child as long as its a safe clean and monitored situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Seems to me your choice is your choice.  (Are you choosing to be a new Dugger family?....lol)

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Nope. I could only get to their number if we adopted too. :)

I always kind of chuckle at that question because I know who the Duggers are only because if CM. I've never seen their show.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seems to me your choice is your choice.  (Are you choosing to be a new Dugger family?....lol)

Maddiesmommy11
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I would love to try this for my second child ( if we are blessed with another one ) but I know I would be to afraid of something going wrong . Our dd was perfectly healthy and weighed 9 lbs 8 oz at birth . Of course they tried to make me do a c section but I refused bc I wanted to try to have her. Only had to push for 45 mins ! But she swallowed A LOT of fluid and had trouble breathing . She had to be rushed to the nicu. It was hard bc I never even considered something like that happening. I was scared the night checking in though . I just did not want to be in a hospital bed basically tied down. I was induced and had an epidural and a doctor I didn't know came in and broke my water when my husband had stepped out for a second . She was so rude nd fast about it and didn't even give me a chance to say no I didn't want it done. I felt so violated . I honestly don't want to go through a birth like that again but I do want my baby safe if anything did go wrong so I'm just torn as to what to do. Thanks for sharing the pics ! So beautiful !
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
You might talk to local midwives before you become pregnant. You could talk with them about your worries. They will tell you what they do, and what to do in certain situations.

One thing you could also look into is a birthing center. See if there are any close to you. You could talk with them and take a tour of the center there.

Quoting Maddiesmommy11:

I would love to try this for my second child ( if we are blessed with another one ) but I know I would be to afraid of something going wrong . Our dd was perfectly healthy and weighed 9 lbs 8 oz at birth . Of course they tried to make me do a c section but I refused bc I wanted to try to have her. Only had to push for 45 mins ! But she swallowed A LOT of fluid and had trouble breathing . She had to be rushed to the nicu. It was hard bc I never even considered something like that happening. I was scared the night checking in though . I just did not want to be in a hospital bed basically tied down. I was induced and had an epidural and a doctor I didn't know came in and broke my water when my husband had stepped out for a second . She was so rude nd fast about it and didn't even give me a chance to say no I didn't want it done. I felt so violated . I honestly don't want to go through a birth like that again but I do want my baby safe if anything did go wrong so I'm just torn as to what to do. Thanks for sharing the pics ! So beautiful !
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

Using a midwife is alright, but having little or no prenatal care. or giving birth unassisted, these are all forms of child endangerment. having little to no prenatal care should be illegal. and giving birth unassisted should be illegal. those who endanger their children before birth, with little or no prenatal care, or those who attempt unassisted births, are neglectful of their unborn child/rens needs, during pregnancy, childbirth and after their child/rens birth/s. like those parents who pray for their sick child/ren instead of taking them to the doctor or hospital.

tracychandonais
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I did a home birth, not by choice. I labored too quickly to get to the hospital and was forced to deliver my son by myself on my living room floor, while speaking to 911 on the phone. Pretty scary and intense situation. I have also delivered 2 kids in the hospital and personally, under the right circumstances, I would prefer a home birth. Its amazing how smoothly birth can be when all parties involved, especially the baby, are ready. In the hospital, its all about assembly line births, line 'em up and get 'em out.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
My last 3 were unassisted. It is very different. My 7th baby (2nd UC) I was accidentally completely alone when he came. DH was 5 minutes down the road when my dd called to tell him we had a boy. I didn't know she was even home. Otherwise she could have helped again with that birth. She helped with the previous birth.

Quoting tracychandonais:

I did a home birth, not by choice. I labored too quickly to get to the hospital and was forced to deliver my son by myself on my living room floor, while speaking to 911 on the phone. Pretty scary and intense situation. I have also delivered 2 kids in the hospital and personally, under the right circumstances, I would prefer a home birth. Its amazing how smoothly birth can be when all parties involved, especially the baby, are ready. In the hospital, its all about assembly line births, line 'em up and get 'em out.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I can't believe how old she is! She'll be 15 July 3rd. I had her 6 months to the day after turning 18.

Quoting Anonymous:

33 with 7 kids...and your oldest is 15? Wow I had my first at 33 lol as long as there's plenty of love going around and the kids are happy and healthy that's what matters. I admire women who are brave enough to do natural birth nevermind home births! thats a whole other level of courage. No one has the right to tell anyone how to birth their child as long as its a safe clean and monitored situation.
TammyMom2four
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Beautiful photos, gorgeous family. but, I am SURE you know the risks of having a child at home. I just could not do it myself. I would want all the medical help if the baby or I would need if something went wrong. but it looks like everything went fine, KUDOS to you. Seriously. God bless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)