Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think any woman who.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
3 moms liked this

I think that women who induce or choose a csection that is not medically necessary are selfish and unintelligent. I have 2 friends who have made this decision recently. One has already given birth and her child ended up having breathing issues and had a long stay in the hospital. If she had simply waited until he was ready, he would have had no issues. The other is due in a couple of months and is already complaining about how uncomfortable she is and that she is setting the date for her induction 2 weeks before she is freaking due. All because she is uncomfortable. That is pure selfishness. As mothers, we should be looking out for the well-being of our children, not our own comfort. I understand that sometimes induction and csection are needed and I praise God that we have the technology that we do for when it is necessary, but for the majority of pregnancies, they are not necessary.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybarnhart11
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Backing out slowly....

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
While it does seem unnecessary to you it's their body and their baby so it's their business. My friend was induced Monday but she was a week and a half over due.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Whew I thought I was going to be in the category you were judging so glad I will still be able to sleep at night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. It's ridiculous that we can't even let nature take its course when doing the most basic of human things.
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's sad too. I was offered an induction at 39.5 weeks, since I had been in so much pain for many weeks. But I said no, and waited it out past my due date. Then had a wonderful drug-free birth.

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

this poor horse has been beaten so much

19bubbles91
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I was induced and had a c-section but both were not my choice

I was a day away from 42 weeks pregnant

I was not softening effacing or dilating

And the c-section was because dd's heart

Do you feel I was being selfish?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Because every pregnancy and delivery are exactly the same. . so glad there's people like you who know what's best for everyone :)

HollyBoBolly
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I'm sure that the doctor wouldn't induce someone before it was safe to do so. 

MrsShipley21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I agree! All my babies came fresh out the biscuit ^_^ Doctors wanted to perform a c-section on me and I just started pushing and BA BAM! hahaha :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN