Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name This BREED! Post your Fur Baby and Let Us Guess The Breed!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://youtu.be/oKhycPdKmV8

Pure bred lab! But, he said he'll take the title Polar Bear!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Oops just edited my post and then saw this lol. Yes the ticking is decieving, but as I added to my other post beagles can have that. Are you sure she is beagle/basset? She has such a narrow face and body, but some beagles are like that lol the heeler/bassets usually do have broader faces and such, so I wasn't too sure about that one. 

Quoting Blueliner:

Beagle and basset... but she does have the "blue tick" coloring like a heeler :)

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Basset hound/heeler mix :) 

Quoting Blueliner:

One of my pups, guess her breed:

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

now that you say basset I see it. I guessed dash by the length of the body.

Quoting Blueliner:

Good guess, she's beagle and basset

Quoting opinionatedmom:

dashhound beagle

Quoting Blueliner:

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Yeah I'm sure she is, I've seen a lot of beagle/bassets, every one looks different, she seems right in the middle, if you see her next to a beagle she looks like a basset, if you see her next to a basset she looks like a beagle! The photo was taken after some weight loss lol... did you see the other photo I posted of her on the 1st page? She has a pretty wide chest for her size.

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Oops just edited my post and then saw this lol. Yes the ticking is decieving, but as I added to my other post beagles can have that. Are you sure she is beagle/basset? She has such a narrow face and body, but some beagles are like that lol the heeler/bassets usually do have broader faces and such, so I wasn't too sure about that one. 

Quoting Blueliner:

Beagle and basset... but she does have the "blue tick" coloring like a heeler :)

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Quoting Blueliner:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Chow or Sharpie mixed with a lab maybe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM

No chow and no sharpie :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Chow or Sharpie mixed with a lab maybe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM

LOL! He is chunky in this! Ha

Quoting crazedmama06:

Polar bear!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Thanks!

Quoting RyansMommie07:

stinkin cute. and that's the technical term :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM

He's a he, and thanks, we just got him, so pretty happy with him!

Quoting DamianaFire:

Ive got no idea, but I wanna squeeze her/his cheeks and hug her/him soo hard. That's a too cute fuzz ball.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Ya I saw that pic too, bassets tend to have a wide chest. I mean I can see it, the beagle/basset that is, her ears are shorter because of the beagle, and I'm assuming she is narrow in the face and body (except the chest) because the beagle parent was one built like that, there is a huge variety of beagles out there, from tiny scrawny thing to stocky square built like the show dogs. My beagle was mix of beagle types I assume, he was stocky but sort of had a longish body, not basset like though, he was a purebred beagle (got him free from someone who bought him from a breeder with papers).

It's all in the breeding, just like the blue ticking, they actually call beagles bred for that "blue beagles" and its somewhat new and they often are more expensive to buy. I think beagles became overbred because of the movie "Shiloh" which is what I named my beagle after when I was 11 lol (I'm 25 now and he died when he was 14 and I was 21).

Quoting Blueliner:

Yeah I'm sure she is, I've seen a lot of beagle/bassets, every one looks different, she seems right in the middle, if you see her next to a beagle she looks like a basset, if you see her next to a basset she looks like a beagle! The photo was taken after some weight loss lol... did you see the other photo I posted of her on the 1st page? She has a pretty wide chest for her size.

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Quoting Blueliner:

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Quoting Blueliner:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:54 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured