Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Name This BREED! Post your Fur Baby and Let Us Guess The Breed!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://youtu.be/oKhycPdKmV8

Pure bred lab! But, he said he'll take the title Polar Bear!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Replies (541-550):
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Yes, he's very terrier-like, because they were bread from terriers. He was tough to housebreak but it can be done, and it's much easier of your husband doesn't decide after 2 weeks that he doesn't need to be in the crate anymore, lol.
They're great dogs though, and their spunky, loving personality definitely outweighs their stubbornness. He's not nearly so cute right now. He desperately needs to be groomed. His hair is all in his eyeballs, lol.
Honesty, you sound like you know what you'd be getting into so it's probably a great breed for you. They're so so sweet. He's our only pet who isn't a resue. I could tell a stranger that 3 of my pets are rescues and one was purchased as a baby and, based on temperament and the way they act you would not be able to guess who isn't a rescue.
Even not being trained, if he goes out front, he runs a lap around the yard then comes back in, lol.

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting mom2ljh:

I'll be real. Brussels are little asses. LOL. They are stubborn and extremely difficult to train. We did housebreak him though and crate trained him and his temperament is amazing. He isn't trained, as far as sit, stay, heel (the only of my 3 who isn't) but he's a fantastic dog. He can be a bit yippy, but he loves his crate, loves to snuggle, is awesome with DS and always has been (got him when DS was 2 1/2). IF you have the patience for a stubborn ass of a dog, they're great once they are past the puppy stage. LOL

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting mom2ljh:

LMAO at Brussels Sprout. I campaigned for Goliath but he is Gizmo.

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Guess me.

OMG. This is one of my favorite breeds. Brussels Griffon. I've always wanted one. I also love Afenpincher's. If I had a Brussels I'd name it Brussel Sprout. lol. I'm a vet tech & also grew up working with my Aunt in the AKC, she's a judge so I've been around all breeds.

He is the cutest little thing. They are such funny looking dogs. Was he hard to train? I've heard that toy breeds can be really hard to train. That's really the only reason I never got a Brussels. How is his temperment?

That's what I figured for their temperments. I have an Aunt who works as a judge for the AKC & that is what she told me for those Brussels. I grew up with terriers & they are the same way so I think I'd be ok. I just wouldnt want a dog that is hard to potty train. Most toy breeds are hard to potty train, that's the only reason why I never got a Brussels. He is just the cutest little thing though. I don't know if you watched the Westminster Dog show this year but a Afenpincher won Best in Show & I love those little dogs too. I love anything that is scruffy. Probly because I grew up with terriers. I love the Brussels beards & their little ears & big eyes.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM
They are my last one died at 9 years old. miss him terribly. i swear they are an awesome breed. and so lovey

Quoting Johariz:

No prob. Newfies are awesome dogs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. :)

Quoting Johariz:

http://www.ncarescue.org/ here's a starting point for ya.

Quoting Anonymous:

I really want an Newfoundland dog but cant find any at the rescue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My name is pixie.
christineT79
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting mom2ljh:

Yes, he's very terrier-like, because they were bread from terriers. He was tough to housebreak but it can be done, and it's much easier of your husband doesn't decide after 2 weeks that he doesn't need to be in the crate anymore, lol.
They're great dogs though, and their spunky, loving personality definitely outweighs their stubbornness. He's not nearly so cute right now. He desperately needs to be groomed. His hair is all in his eyeballs, lol.
Honesty, you sound like you know what you'd be getting into so it's probably a great breed for you. They're so so sweet. He's our only pet who isn't a resue. I could tell a stranger that 3 of my pets are rescues and one was purchased as a baby and, based on temperament and the way they act you would not be able to guess who isn't a rescue.
Even not being trained, if he goes out front, he runs a lap around the yard then comes back in, lol.

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting mom2ljh:

I'll be real. Brussels are little asses. LOL. They are stubborn and extremely difficult to train. We did housebreak him though and crate trained him and his temperament is amazing. He isn't trained, as far as sit, stay, heel (the only of my 3 who isn't) but he's a fantastic dog. He can be a bit yippy, but he loves his crate, loves to snuggle, is awesome with DS and always has been (got him when DS was 2 1/2). IF you have the patience for a stubborn ass of a dog, they're great once they are past the puppy stage. LOL

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting mom2ljh:

LMAO at Brussels Sprout. I campaigned for Goliath but he is Gizmo.

Quoting christineT79:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Guess me.

OMG. This is one of my favorite breeds. Brussels Griffon. I've always wanted one. I also love Afenpincher's. If I had a Brussels I'd name it Brussel Sprout. lol. I'm a vet tech & also grew up working with my Aunt in the AKC, she's a judge so I've been around all breeds.

He is the cutest little thing. They are such funny looking dogs. Was he hard to train? I've heard that toy breeds can be really hard to train. That's really the only reason I never got a Brussels. How is his temperment?

That's what I figured for their temperments. I have an Aunt who works as a judge for the AKC & that is what she told me for those Brussels. I grew up with terriers & they are the same way so I think I'd be ok. I just wouldnt want a dog that is hard to potty train. Most toy breeds are hard to potty train, that's the only reason why I never got a Brussels. He is just the cutest little thing though. I don't know if you watched the Westminster Dog show this year but a Afenpincher won Best in Show & I love those little dogs too. I love anything that is scruffy. Probly because I grew up with terriers. I love the Brussels beards & their little ears & big eyes.

Yeah, that is how my rescue dog is. She's sooooo good. I found her on the side of a road hit by a car 10 years ago. I think she may be a american eskimo mix of some sort. She's such a well behaved dog. Some day I'm gonna get my Brussel Sprout. lol.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Basset Hound and Beagle?

Quoting Blueliner:

One of my pups, guess her breed:

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey its a Dogo. I would know them anywhere. They are the top dogs on the hog team out here.

Quoting pitbull4me:

connietrrll
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

She is adorable. I like the idea of mixing a poodle and pit. They are both smart dogs, and very dedicated to their "person or people". But, the poodle would make them fluffy and cute. LOL

Quoting morisa32:

she is standard poodle/ pitbull ( but she looks mostly poodle)

Quoting cocnnietrrll:

Schnoodle?

Quoting morisa32:

pitbull4me
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM

no, I do not hunt her. I wouldn't be opposed to hunting with her,but I really do not want to hunt bear.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

yep she has a hunting breed face. do you hunt her? I got 2 for you to guess wait for the pics.

Quoting pitbull4me:

they are a rare breed from Brazil.they hunt Jaguar.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

never even heard of that breed.

Quoting pitbull4me:

yes, she is a Fila Brasileiro

Quoting Blueliner:

Agh, puppies are hard...

Plott hound?

Fila?

Quoting areid1023:

im not sure about the breed but i know for a fact he/she is 100% purebred adorable. jeez. i want to shnuggle.

Quoting pitbull4me:

"People don't have a pit bull problem, pit bulls have a people problem."

First they came for the Pit Bulls
and they banned them and killed them
their owners cried out in horror but I did not object
because I did not own pit bulls.

Then they came for the Rottweilers
and they banned them and muzzled them
their owners cried out in protest but I did not object
because I did not own Rottweilers.
Today they have come for my dogs
and they will ban them and take them from me
as I cry out in outrage and anger no one objects
because they do not own my dogs.

pitbull4me
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM

haha, we did tonight at dinner!the kids decided on Tank,go figure.

Quoting Dippydoomomof2:

Did you ever figure out a name for this guy?

Quoting pitbull4me:

pitbull4me
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM

fila brasileiro

Quoting kfroz0415:

Plott hound?

Quoting pitbull4me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN