Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scams!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 54 Replies
Okay another post got me thinking.

Have you ever been scammed by a company? Online or in real life? Did they charge more to your bank account then what they told you? 'Lost' something in shipping? Share your stories and warn others!

My scam was personalcreations.com they got me twice. The first time the Christmas ornaments I ordered they didn't make anymore even though they were on the website and after hounding them for 2 weeks they finally gave me a 'refund' I got half of the price of the item back but not shipping.

The second time a beer mug magically got lost in the mail and then I was accused of having it and trying to steal money from them. I didn't get a refund and I'll never order from there again!!!

So what's your horror story/warning?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Josie_P
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Yep...well, I was almost scammed. I caught it I'm time for I did anything. People suck!
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Oh I almost forgot! The collection agency that AT&T uses!!!! They called me multiple time (37 in all) after I told them the first time that I was not my sister, that I didn't have to tell them anything, and to take my number off of their list. They harassed me for 2 months! And they broke several laws concerning debt collection. They told me who, what, and how much and refused to tell me the name of their company when I asked. The fuckers would hang up on me as soon as I asked them the name of their company!
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Company name? Lol or faux company name?

Quoting Josie_P:

Yep...well, I was almost scammed. I caught it I'm time for I did anything. People suck!
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I got scammed by some teens. They came around selling magazines, I ordered one and gave them a $30 deposit. Never got the magazine and when I called the school they said they were from it ended up they hadn't had a magazine fund raiser that year.
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM
not really a scam but a big mix up.i had bought something from Torrid (love them). My total was like 54 dollars and some change. The next day I saw a charge for 540 dollars from them. I called freaking out. They fixed it immediately and apologized profusely. I think they are but offered me a free shopping spree. As it was (i did decline this offer) they did refund all the money, not just the overage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Chase Home Finance took over our home loan and started charging us almost double what our house payment was supposed to be. They kept raising our payment until we could no longer make it. We were supposed to have a fixed rate so that our payments wouldn't go up. They really fucked us over.
Josie_P
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM
It's actually a Russian fake company. Supposedly it was shut down but I think the name was just changed and they are possibly scamming people still :/ But I have no clue.

Quoting RMB2011:

Company name? Lol or faux company name?

Quoting Josie_P:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahXmom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM
I hate chase bank

Quoting Anonymous:

Chase Home Finance took over our home loan and started charging us almost double what our house payment was supposed to be. They kept raising our payment until we could no longer make it. We were supposed to have a fixed rate so that our payments wouldn't go up. They really fucked us over.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I had "dell" call me once. I asked for them to verify my computer id number. the guy hung up on me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)