Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can babies sense things? Does he know somethings wrong? *ETU*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

It's my first night with my  4 month old nephew.  It's not going very well.

I posted before, my sister and BIL were in an accident last night. (You have no idea how long that took me to type.) 

Tonight is the first night with my nephew.  He hasn't let me put him down once.  Can he miss them? Does he know something's wrong? Do I just suck at this after so many years? 

I put him down, he cries.  It's 3am. I miss my sister, I wish I could ask her what she would do.

edit

thank you for all the wonderful advice ladies, I am going to pull the mattress onto the floor and try to co-sleep with him.

***edit

It went better once I pulled the mattress down and put him on my chest, I dozed off and on like that for a bit and he fell asleep enough for me to put him beside me.

Morning routine wasa bit of a mess though.  I can get used to that though.   Trying to get breakfast on the table, feed bottle and dress two kids was a bit of a challenge.  I just need to get the hang of it.  K's grandmother is here now with him.  We're working on the funeral arrangements, turns out Im gaurdian but not executer of the will.  Grandma is executor of both wills.  There's a lot more involved then I knew.  

Got picked up some different bottles too, and grandma brought over a quilt from my sister and bil's bed for K to sleep with.

Thank you once again for the help and advice

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM
How old?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAnders224
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM
How old is he. Sorry to hear about your sister
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM

he's 4 months

Quoting duejan13th:

How old?

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure he does. Can you cosleep with him tonight? It'll be easier and both can get some sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I am so sorry about your Sister and her Husband. I'm sure he does miss them, and can probably sense your sadness and discomfort. Just love on him as much as you can. Maybe he needs to sleep with you. How old is he?

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I believe babies can sense things. Also he is probably missing his mom and dad. I hope everything is ok with your sister and brother in law. In the mean time give the little guy a bit of extra love. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Did the parents pass away, or are they in the hospital?
Maybe he just knows your not mommy or daddy.. i'm not sure. I'm sorry tho :( maybe try holding him close to your chest and rocking him? 

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

no he knows something is wrong. your his safety net let him sleep with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM

4 months.  I dont really have my room set up to co-sleep, Im not comfortable with it

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I am so sorry about your Sister and her Husband. I'm sure he does miss them, and can probably sense your sadness and discomfort. Just love on him as much as you can. Maybe he needs to sleep with you. How old is he?

cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and bil  ((hugs)) I am pretty sure he can sense that something isn't right so like the other ladies have said just make sure to give him lots of love and if you are comfortable with co-sleeping maybe do that as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)