Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids & bullies?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
How would you help your kid/ explain how to deal with bullies??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM

of course!! What parent wouldn't??!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM
I asked "HOW" would u help a kid deal??

Quoting Anonymous:

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell them don't start fights but if he hits you, you teach him a lesson. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:18 AM

woops, havent had coffee yet.....hmmm.....i'd start by talking to me kid about what provokes the bully to start bullying others...is it on the playground over a toy?  Is it about taking turns and he can't wait his?  Is he jealous of other kids?  Find the bullly's trigger point, and go from there.  Has the child who is bullied talked to a school staff member?

Quoting Anonymous:

I asked "HOW" would u help a kid deal??

Quoting Anonymous:

Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:21 AM

My son was bullied by a boy for 3 years from K-3. One day the bully( a boy older than him) pushed him into a fence. My son had enough and fought back. The bully never bullied anyone again....

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Defend yourself. If they put their hands on you give them the what for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Ignore them. Bullying normally start off with words. Ignore them. However I won't punish if they defend themselves.

My sons 'bully' is a girl. So far she's pinched him and dug her nails into his face. Her mother did discipline her both times. Also when she wrote an 'I hate you' letter and had someone give it to him.

If one day my son hits her back, I will not punish him for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM
I can't wait to hear about that little girls teenage years... Uh oh lol. But for your son I hope he does fight back! She seems like a meanie.

Quoting LyTe684:

Ignore them. Bullying normally start off with words. Ignore them. However I won't punish if they defend themselves.

My sons 'bully' is a girl. So far she's pinched him and dug her nails into his face. Her mother did discipline her both times. Also when she wrote an 'I hate you' letter and had someone give it to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
We just had this happen with ours in middle school. My son is 13 and pretty small for that age . Anyway we had to transfer him to a new school because we moved . He was having a difficult time adjusting a it was when my son comes home extremely upset that this kid was picking in him. The kid pushes him from the back to the point he almost fell down. The teacher reported it not my son. Well we step in and speak to the principal and find out that this is the third incident from my son but he was too afraid to say anything. So I was curious as to what this boy looks like he happened to walk passed the office when my sons eyes got really big the principal immediately got up an closed the door. This kid was huge like 6 ft my son is hovering around 5'2. My husband freaked out and said that tall giant goes to this school and she said yeah he's failed twice he should be in highschool .(WTF). We had my sons classes changed and had him moved to another hall way all together I advised the principal that if anything else were to happen I'm transferring him back to his old school I don't care if I have to drive across county lines but at least he was safe there. She stated she would work her hardest at protecting him which I appreciated . My son has been a lot happier since And we always told him to say something but this kid scared him so bad he just bottled everything up and didn't say a word. I felt so bad not knowing my son well enough to notice something is wrong . I keep a very close eye on him and watch for any behavioral changes and speak to all of his teachers weekly. Sorry this was so long this post just hit home.
LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM
She is! For instance if I'm talking to her mom or another kid, she will literally stand in the middle to try to block us so that we can't talk... Or she'll jump up and try to talk over us... And she tries to intimidate the other kids to do what she says. She's 7, and even does the neck roll thing.

She's going to have a hard high school life...

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't wait to hear about that little girls teenage years... Uh oh lol. But for your son I hope he does fight back! She seems like a meanie.

Quoting LyTe684:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN