Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have lost all respect for my husband +update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He is such a big baby. No where near the real man I thought he was. He works 5 days a week from 10:30 to 7, has it so easy managing a little sandwich shop, yet he cries constantly about how miserable he is and how he needs more sleep. I work 7:30 to 5:30. I bring the baby with me. I leave the house to go to work 3 hours before my husband does. Every day. I take care of the baby full time, the only time he gets her is an hour or two at night for cuddles yet he's sooo tired. I wish he would wake up earlier, complain less, appreciate what he has. He thinks he has it so hard but really he's one of the laziest, whiniest men I know.

/ end vent

Update: I went to target and got: St. John's wort, vitamin C, fish oil, men's one a day as well as melatonin. I also got some Epsom salt, a head massager and a back massager. Hopefully these, in addition to better diet exercise and communication, will help get him out of this funk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Op, I understand where you are coming from.  My husband has done this for years.  He has complained about every job or volunteer opportunity he has had.  It is a habit.  He got attention at home when he complained to his mom.  I didn't see it as whining until after we were married.  I thought he was really this picked on guy. 

You need to tell him that you understand that his job may be tough but you know that.  Try to give positive comments where you can.  Thank him for what he does.  Men are like that.  They need a ton of praise for every little thing.

I finally told mine to stop because my sympathy well had run dry.  He always had bad days but I could not.  He only thought about himself.  He has gotten much better but it has taken a very long time.  I try to be supportive but really hate the complaining.  He knows and tries to only do it about something that is really wrong/unfair.  Good luck.

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

B12 has worked wonders for me. I have so much more energy now!

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM

you can buy all the supplements and meds in the world, but it will only work if he is willing to make a change. 

I.heart.my.kids
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM

he could be depressed

blessed2times
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM

sounds like you married my husband lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I have talked to him!! He just throws a huge temper tantrum instead of actually communicating with me.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you should talk to him, bc your just whinning & complaining here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Maybe he just needs a blow job.  Or maybe he is tired.  Men get tired!!

sweetmomma326
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I have been told I have it easy being a stay at home mom to a baby and a 2 yr old and a full time online student.  I hardly ever go out of the house to go anywhere, he works from 12am-8am 6 days a week as a coal miner.  I know he has it rough at work, but I know he wouldn't make it a day doing what I do, and likewise.  I just let it go most of the time.

cdgoldilocks
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I understand how it feels to be an overwhelmed working mother with a young child. Talk to your husband. Tell him how you feel. See if the two of you can come up with a plan that makes you both happy. If he won't talk to you or seek to better situation, you have to decide what you are willing to put up with.

Make sure you have time for self care. You cannot and should not have to do it all.

Ignore all the mean people on here. The meanness not necessary and does not help this mom solve the problems in her life.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

kkkaaayyyy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

There is nothing wrong with "Whining & Complaining"  It's good to get it out even if it isn't to your husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you should talk to him, bc your just whinning & complaining here.

Madammeke
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN