Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have lost all respect for my husband +update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He is such a big baby. No where near the real man I thought he was. He works 5 days a week from 10:30 to 7, has it so easy managing a little sandwich shop, yet he cries constantly about how miserable he is and how he needs more sleep. I work 7:30 to 5:30. I bring the baby with me. I leave the house to go to work 3 hours before my husband does. Every day. I take care of the baby full time, the only time he gets her is an hour or two at night for cuddles yet he's sooo tired. I wish he would wake up earlier, complain less, appreciate what he has. He thinks he has it so hard but really he's one of the laziest, whiniest men I know.

/ end vent

Update: I went to target and got: St. John's wort, vitamin C, fish oil, men's one a day as well as melatonin. I also got some Epsom salt, a head massager and a back massager. Hopefully these, in addition to better diet exercise and communication, will help get him out of this funk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (171-180):
SlightlyPerfect
Don't let people fool you. Everything they do is by design.
Today at 8:17 AM
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I went to target and got: St. John's wort, vitamin C, fish oil, men's one a day as well as melatonin. I also got some Epsom salt, a head massager and a back massager. Hopefully these, in addition to better diet exercise and communication, will help get him out of this funk.

Good luck.

slightlyperfect

harehelper
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Has he had a checkup by his doctor? Could he have sleep apnea, depression, even be iron deficient for pete's sake? If one of my family members was acting exhausted during the day regardless of getting sleep, I wouldn't be telling them to man up, I would be making them a doctor appointment.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had to have a talk with my Dh about this recently. He's always sick tired or plain stressed about everything. I told him he is constantly feeling sorry for himself and its very draining on me. He was a little hurt I was basically calling him a whiny little bitch but he's trying to do better now that he knows how I feel.

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Maybe he has depression, or maybe he has some medical problem making him tired.

I was just reading a diagnostic text that said that 60% of  continuing fatigue is due to depression.   So it is possible.

And I would add that some times men have a drinking problem they are hiding, and that drinking often, also causes, depression, fatigue and many other problems.

Remember, St John's Wort is a drug same as anything you get from the pharmacist, and it is VERY important to get a complete physical and make one is not suffering from certain illnesses (and not taking certain medications) BEFORE starting any St. John's wort.

MamaPeanut
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM
So?

Quoting Anonymous:

We're married lol

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Why stay with him??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Omd12
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM
He should really see a doctor and get checked for sleep apnea! It could kill him if left Undiagnosed

Quoting Anonymous:

He is such a big baby. No where near the real man I thought he was. He works 5 days a week from 10:30 to 7, has it so easy managing a little sandwich shop, yet he cries constantly about how miserable he is and how he needs more sleep. I work 7:30 to 5:30. I bring the baby with me. I leave the house to go to work 3 hours before my husband does. Every day. I take care of the baby full time, the only time he gets her is an hour or two at night for cuddles yet he's sooo tired. I wish he would wake up earlier, complain less, appreciate what he has. He thinks he has it so hard but really he's one of the laziest, whiniest men I know.

/ end vent

Update: I went to target and got: St. John's wort, vitamin C, fish oil, men's one a day as well as melatonin. I also got some Epsom salt, a head massager and a back massager. Hopefully these, in addition to better diet exercise and communication, will help get him out of this funk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Maybe he has low testosterone. Give him zinc copper supplements. Copper has to be in it so the zinc doesn't leach it out of his system. Zinc helps make testosterone. Pregnenolone is a grandparent hormone that makes dhea and testosterone in men. Get him NATURAL pregnenolone cream. The pills are synthetic. He can put the cream on once a day or put half a squirt on twice a day. DH and I do half a squirt each morning and night. Change up the place you put the cream every time, like shin, calf, belly, buttock, etc. and see how that goes. It won't hurt him because the body will convert it to the hormone he needs. You can buy it at Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, some drug stores.
tennisgal
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I commend you for trying to be proactive in helping DH. Posts like this so often turn into, "I would divorce him if that were my husband." 

Sometimes we all get into a funk...it just happens. 

Sweet_Carol_126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope the diet and St. John's wort will work.  Might check to see if you have a juice shop nearby and occasionally give him a smoothie with ginger and lemon in it.  Can add apple and spinach too and celery and carrot.  However, ginger and lemon is important to give energy.  Maybe whole foods could help as they may have a juice bar. He could have depression.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Glad I'm not married to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM

good thing this is a anonymous vent...and not a support womens group!! I totally fell ya hun, these other females on here mustmarried to perfect men.  or, just wanna make other ppl feel like shit!! Good job on getting the vitamins and trying to help him get out of his funk, I ve been in a funk and wish I had someone who'd give me a hand UP!! Sometimes you just gotta vent, and it does help! ignore the negativity and keep up what u r doing!! ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN