Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have lost all respect for my husband +update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He is such a big baby. No where near the real man I thought he was. He works 5 days a week from 10:30 to 7, has it so easy managing a little sandwich shop, yet he cries constantly about how miserable he is and how he needs more sleep. I work 7:30 to 5:30. I bring the baby with me. I leave the house to go to work 3 hours before my husband does. Every day. I take care of the baby full time, the only time he gets her is an hour or two at night for cuddles yet he's sooo tired. I wish he would wake up earlier, complain less, appreciate what he has. He thinks he has it so hard but really he's one of the laziest, whiniest men I know.

/ end vent

Update: I went to target and got: St. John's wort, vitamin C, fish oil, men's one a day as well as melatonin. I also got some Epsom salt, a head massager and a back massager. Hopefully these, in addition to better diet exercise and communication, will help get him out of this funk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (191-200):
justj123
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Ditto Tyger88 or another one of my famous sayings is: Who turned on your bitch switch today? LOL 

Quoting Tyger88:

I was just wondering who pissed in their Wheaties this morning too.... Wow, Glad I didn't post today...

Quoting Wonderwoman1432:

I don't understand why you women are defending her lazy, whinney husband! God, I would think you were all sleeping with him or something! !! Back off you fatty women!!! * catty

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Seriously why is depression the magic cure all that if you have that everybody else's mean because they expect you to be responsible and have a life and take care of your responsibilities having depression is not the magic bullet that will change it to where you just suddenly have no responsibilities in because you're depressed everyone else has to just take over your share

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe he suffers from depression. What a bitch, you are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

No, but if you are clinically depressed you need treatment in order to get out of your rut and continue with your normal day-to-day activities.  In order to seek treatment, you really need your loved one's support. It is extremely difficult to admit that depression is affecting your life, especially for men.  You can't just flip a switch and your shit is together. Granted the severity of depression differs from person to person and those that are mildly depressed can often brush it to the side, but the more severe, the more debilitating it is.  You seriously would not understand if you or a loved one has not been clinically depressed.

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

Seriously why is depression the magic cure all that if you have that everybody else's mean because they expect you to be responsible and have a life and take care of your responsibilities having depression is not the magic bullet that will change it to where you just suddenly have no responsibilities in because you're depressed everyone else has to just take over your share

Quoting Anonymous:

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I live daily with bi-polor and clinical depression.

I however know its MY JOB to take my meds,my job to not to become reclusive.. and my daily task to do my share.. I get up when I dont wanna.. because its my responsible as a mom and care for my kids.

It simply isnt a choice to not do what needs to be done. there

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but if you are clinically depressed you need treatment in order to get out of your rut and continue with your normal day-to-day activities.  In order to seek treatment, you really need your loved one's support. It is extremely difficult to admit that depression is affecting your life, especially for men.  You can't just flip a switch and your shit is together. Granted the severity of depression differs from person to person and those that are mildly depressed can often brush it to the side, but the more severe, the more debilitating it is.  You seriously would not understand if you or a loved one has not been clinically depressed.

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM

You are passed the point of recognizing the issue.  He hasn't gotten that far yet. Yes, once he sees a doctor it becomes his responsibility.  If this is what he has, it is the onset of his condition and this is when the support from his wife is most crucial.  

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

I live daily with bi-polor and clinical depression.

I however know its MY JOB to take my meds,my job to not to become reclusive.. and my daily task to do my share.. I get up when I dont wanna.. because its my responsible as a mom and care for my kids.

It simply isnt a choice to not do what needs to be done. there

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like you have a solid homeopathic plan.  If those things don't work, ask him to see a therapist.  He could have chemical depression, which can only be helped professionally.

Good luck!

babynurse244
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Does he snore? people with sleep issues can sleep all night and still be exhausted. I'm dealing with that with my husband. He got diagnosed, but isn't following up on the treatment and I'm getting frustrated over that. If it is sleep apnea or a sleep disturbance, there are devices and things he can do to lessen the severity and/or cure it. My husband ended up having sleep studies done. his snoring hit the level of "heroic" according to the technicians and he wasn't getting any REM sleep, which is needed to feel better and rested after sleeping. We're still working on it, but it's getting better, it's all a work in progress. And my husband has clinical depression, so the sleep issues were just compounding all of that.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

You get checked out to make sure it's not a medical reason first, then once that cause is eliminated you can move on. My family learned this the hard way, we all thought my dad was just being lazy and trying to avoid getting any work done. Then he got sick, and we found out he had a VERY serious heart condition that was making him very tired. He nearly died for lack of a "diagnosis".

Quoting peaches_04:

Oh please everyone wants a diagnosis these days to excuse their laziness its ridiculous

StillTheWine-O
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I lost all respect for my husband when on Monday he told me that he supported me on nothing, that nothing in the house was mine - that it was all his.. including the children. That he would find another woman to come in and appreciate his house, his things, his kids. That I deserved nothing. 

He has since apologized and I'm just supposed to move on, right? I can't. I don't know where i'm at or what i'm doing here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)