Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have lost all respect for my husband +update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He is such a big baby. No where near the real man I thought he was. He works 5 days a week from 10:30 to 7, has it so easy managing a little sandwich shop, yet he cries constantly about how miserable he is and how he needs more sleep. I work 7:30 to 5:30. I bring the baby with me. I leave the house to go to work 3 hours before my husband does. Every day. I take care of the baby full time, the only time he gets her is an hour or two at night for cuddles yet he's sooo tired. I wish he would wake up earlier, complain less, appreciate what he has. He thinks he has it so hard but really he's one of the laziest, whiniest men I know.

/ end vent

Update: I went to target and got: St. John's wort, vitamin C, fish oil, men's one a day as well as melatonin. I also got some Epsom salt, a head massager and a back massager. Hopefully these, in addition to better diet exercise and communication, will help get him out of this funk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I use to run a sandwich shop in RI. Managing restaurants is tiring, time costuming. You are expected to put 15 hours into 9 to 12 hour days. It is constant multi tasking and a lot physically non-stopping through the entire shift. I also had three kids at home. I respect the mom, I am one. I have been home a few months with my kids and go back to work next week. It is a ft job being home but still rewarding. The most daily reward you get out of working in a restaurant is knowing you are supporti g your family. My husband sounded just like you when I was working 50+ hours a week. Why don't you go do what he does for one month and let him stay home...just saying
CotterpinDoozer
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM

When you talk to him, what exactly are you saying and how are you saying it? Sometimes it's in how you say something more than what exactly it is you're saying. If you're only talking to him about this when you're upset, then he may be getting upset because he feels attacked. Maybe you just haven't found the best wording yet. Either way, you're either going to need to try and work through it or leave.

kidlover2
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I can't decide if this is just a " I'm having a bad day & need to complain." Or this is a chronic condition on how the two of you deal with life. If it's the first, life sucks sometimes. Try communicating with him. If it's the second. Grow up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM
He should probably seek medical attention to make sure nothing is going on. How bad would you feel if he has cancer or something and you were on here ragging on him. If he is naturally lazy then you knew that when you married him and need to get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Lol oh look the neighborhood psychologist diagnosing my husband with depression when she hasn't even met him

Quoting Anonymous:

Depression is a serious condition.  You can't just turn off those emotions.  Maybe do a little research and support him before emasculating him.  Whatever happened to 'in sickness and in health"??

No wonder he is depressed, look what he has to deal with.

Quoting Anonymous:

I may be at bitch but at least I get my shit done without crying about it

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe he suffers from depression. What a bitch, you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Diagnosing him? No. Telling you that those are text book signs and maybe you should get it checked out before jumping down his throat? Yes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I agree that there could be something health related that us causing him to feel like this, but I also think that you are causing damage to your marriage by not respecting your husband. Men need unconditional respect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Unconditional?? You mean there's nothing your husband could ever do to make you lose respect for him??

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree that there could be something health related that us causing him to feel like this, but I also think that you are causing damage to your marriage by not respecting your husband. Men need unconditional respect.
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

This.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Tell him all that, it won't change otherwise.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Yeah....this is why me and DF didn't work out lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN