Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have lost all respect for my husband +update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He is such a big baby. No where near the real man I thought he was. He works 5 days a week from 10:30 to 7, has it so easy managing a little sandwich shop, yet he cries constantly about how miserable he is and how he needs more sleep. I work 7:30 to 5:30. I bring the baby with me. I leave the house to go to work 3 hours before my husband does. Every day. I take care of the baby full time, the only time he gets her is an hour or two at night for cuddles yet he's sooo tired. I wish he would wake up earlier, complain less, appreciate what he has. He thinks he has it so hard but really he's one of the laziest, whiniest men I know.

/ end vent

Update: I went to target and got: St. John's wort, vitamin C, fish oil, men's one a day as well as melatonin. I also got some Epsom salt, a head massager and a back massager. Hopefully these, in addition to better diet exercise and communication, will help get him out of this funk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao. Some people fail to realize that it's 2013, not 1913...

Quoting Anonymous:

Unconditional?? You mean there's nothing your husband could ever do to make you lose respect for him??

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree that there could be something health related that us causing him to feel like this, but I also think that you are causing damage to your marriage by not respecting your husband. Men need unconditional respect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I'd whine too if the best job I could get was a sandwich shop and come home and deal with you being a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Of course there is...

But I would leave him if he did those things.

Just like women need to be loved, unconditionally, men need to be respected, unconditionally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unconditional?? You mean there's nothing your husband could ever do to make you lose respect for him??

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree that there could be something health related that us causing him to feel like this, but I also think that you are causing damage to your marriage by not respecting your husband. Men need unconditional respect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
*sigh*

So there is now something wrong and antiquated with giving your husband what he needs Within the relationship?

I bet you don't think its wrong for a man to give his wife what she needs within the relationship. In fact I bet you demand it.

Smh no wonder the divorce rate is so high.

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Respect is earned. You can still lose respect for someone you love.

If my dh were to beat me and cheat on me, I should still respect him?

Quoting Anonymous:

*sigh*

So there is now something wrong and antiquated with giving your husband what he needs Within the relationship?

I bet you don't think its wrong for a man to give his wife what she needs within the relationship. In fact I bet you demand it.

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM

You don't seem much better. Maybe he's suffering from depression or another disorder that makes him fatigued all the time. Try talking to him instead of being whiny yourself.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
My husband has sleep apnea and before he was diagnosed he was always exhausted. Maybe he needs to get checked out. He could also be anemic, that can make him tired too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Sounds like my sisters SO.

EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Eiw, That is not sexy!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I have talked to him!! He just throws a huge temper tantrum instead of actually communicating with me.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you should talk to him, bc your just whinning & complaining here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Lol, why would you be with someone who is like that? You don't need to respect every man just the one you are in a relationship with.

Why should respect be earned? Should love be earned as well? What if your husband said "I need respect just like you need love"? Would you deny it just because, in your eyes, respect is.to.be earned? What if he did the same with love and denied showing you love until he felt you had earned it?

Quoting Devious333:

Respect is earned. You can still lose respect for someone you love.

If my dh were to beat me and cheat on me, I should still respect him?

Quoting Anonymous:

*sigh*

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)