Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cruise with just birth certificate ETA

Has anyone just recently hone on a cruise without a passport and only a BC?

i spoke to them and checked travel.state.gov like they said and checked Bahamas like they said and do not have to have one!!! Whew! A birth cert and valid drivers license is all I need!

Thanks mommas :)

My sister did last yr. Carnivals website says you can but my travel agent is like wellllllll

But I depart in 49 days and don't really wanna pay 200 ugh

Any advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Replies (91-96):
3kidz123
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Going on a carnival cruise? LMAO

Sorry but I do find that funny...I couldn't do it now. I know the chances of it happening again so soon are small but not I risk I'd willingly take.

GL

Miss_Frog
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Awesome. Ours was a 4 night Bahamian cruise with dh's family (parents, brother, SIL, niece, nephew, our two kids and us). We decided we were going to go again and wanted the 7 night Caribbean cruise, but the family decided they wanted to go with us, but not on a 7 night so we will be doing another 4 night.

Quoting honey27:

the 8 night bahama cruise. first time going on a cruise, cant wait.

Quoting Miss_Frog:

Which ship are you going on and where all are you going? We had such a blast. We are going on another one in December 2014.

Quoting honey27:

im glad you said that im going on the disney cruise in the summer and was just trying to see how i would go about getting passports for all my kids and myself. 

Quoting Miss_Frog:

We were just on a Disney cruise in December and none of us had passports. We were told that if you departed and returned to the same port in the US you don't need one.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Just hope no emergency happens and you have to come home through another country which requires a passport. I wouldn't do it personally.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:44 AM
I know. We paid for it right before the triumph crap :(

Quoting 3kidz123:

Going on a carnival cruise? LMAO

Sorry but I do find that funny...I couldn't do it now. I know the chances of it happening again so soon are small but not I risk I'd willingly take.

GL

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Ummm I'd pay the two hundred that will less inconvenient than not coming back in the country. If you can't go to Mexico or Canada without a passport to get back in then I don't see why the Bahamas would be any different. I wouldn't let anyone but the federal government, who is the one who will or will not let you back in the country, decide and ask for advice on this. Anyone else from the cruise line to the travel agent could have an alterior motive or utter disregard for if you can or cannot get back into the country. Jmot.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM
I looked in the state dept website land travel is different than sea travel as is air travel. sea travel is allowed with a BC ! And I don't have the time to send my only copy of my BC to them and get it back! I called and it is a 3-4 expedite to get a passport they said

Quoting LilliesValley:

Ummm I'd pay the two hundred that will less inconvenient than not coming back in the country. If you can't go to Mexico or Canada without a passport to get back in then I don't see why the Bahamas would be any different. I wouldn't let anyone but the federal government, who is the one who will or will not let you back in the country, decide and ask for advice on this. Anyone else from the cruise line to the travel agent could have an alterior motive or utter disregard for if you can or cannot get back into the country. Jmot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured