Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think SAHMs are better than working moms?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't do a poll. Do you think moms that SAHM are better and care more about their kids than working mothers? (Work outside of the home)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Replies (321-330):
MandMsWorld
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM

No.    I loved my job   - and love being home with my kids.   I'm still the same person.  Just less disposable income.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM

How much you care about your kids has nothing to do with where you work.  It has to do with you as a person.  My sister was a SAHM and is a crappy mom.  My mom was a working mom and was the best mom.  I have never know a mom that cared and worked harder for her children.  I am a SAHM and there is nothing I wouldn't do for them.  I even took karate with my boys in order to encourage them in the pursuit.  I judge a mom on how she care for ther children and how she treats others.  

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM

No, there are good moms and not good moms from both sides of the debate.  I am sahm but will be a working mom when I can find a job. My kids are 6,9, and 12.  Whether you work or stay home, has no bearing on being a better mom or caring more for your kids than someone else.  I have said that from the very beginning of my motherhood.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
No. I think it's a pointless competition.

The vast majority of us make the best decisions we can for our families.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Teeny4121979
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I think we are all moms whether you stay at home or you work !! Being a mom is a hard job period ! I am a SAHM and I also was a working mom so I believe its all different and not all parenting styles are the same !!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Agreed!!!

Quoting lwalker270:

No. I think it's a pointless competition.

The vast majority of us make the best decisions we can for our families.
lovelychaos13
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM

not really no. but if say  working mom is actually a workaholic yet could afford to cut back hrs and  support it all fine but chooses not to well then year that can hurt the kids. im not talking about moms who have to work  lots of crazy tons of hours just to make ends meet, they truly are doing the best that they can to provide. its if they make way more than enough yet place carrer above kids every time. its fine having ambitions its just important to find a balance with motherhood where you can.

Byrd15
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM

No. No mom is better than another because of what she does as far as a working position. 

I do have a great respect for working moms though, they do what I do, and a million times more. :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM
If a mother works while she has young children that have to go to daycare because of her schedule, I believe she is selfish. The ONLY excuse is single mothers. My aunt works for a large, nation wide company. If she can work out a schedule to work at home, and only goes in for meetings, then other mothers are just as capable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Selfish because those working mothers need to help provide for their families? How is that selfish?

Quoting Anonymous:

If a mother works while she has young children that have to go to daycare because of her schedule, I believe she is selfish. The ONLY excuse is single mothers. My aunt works for a large, nation wide company. If she can work out a schedule to work at home, and only goes in for meetings, then other mothers are just as capable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)