Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think SAHMs are better than working moms?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't do a poll. Do you think moms that SAHM are better and care more about their kids than working mothers? (Work outside of the home)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM

No.  I think being a SAHM and a working mom each have their own unique set of challenges.  

My mother worked outside the home.  She was a single mother and had no choice.  She was an AWESOME mom.

I am fortunate in that I have a choice and choose to stay home.  For US, it's the right decision.

It's a ridiculous debate.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I think good moms are better then bad moms. I've seen awesome working moms go above and beyond to make their kids happy and I've seen abusive sahms ruin their kid's lives. It's not a cookie cutter, staying at home with your kid doesn't always mean your June Cleaver
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Nope. I'm a working mom and I care just as much for my child as a stay at home mom. I also do not think they are better. I'm a great mom because I can provide for my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I'm a SAHM and no, I don't think that. I also don't think working moms are better than SAHM's. We all do what is best for us and our families.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I work from home. I can work at whatever time I need to and I can still do anything I need with my kids. So I can't really say. I work, and I stay home. Lol
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

^^^that would be NO^^^
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Agree 100%

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as a mother takes care of, supports, keeps her children safe and loves them, she is a good mother. end of story. 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

How so? Not disagreeing...just curious as to what your reasoning for that statement is.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Um - no.

Lots of ways to care about your kid.  And honestly, being home with a small child is more for YOUR benefit than theirs.

Babies and small children don't need all that much.  A caring person to change diapers, feed, and hold them.  Teach them things like potty training, and such.  Any good caregiver can do this, but so many moms feel they are the ONLY one who can care for the child.  Not true.

cuppycake1919
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM

They are equal parents.  What a stupid question.  We should pull together as women, not apart.

mrspena
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Ive been on both sides of the fence. I worked full time until two years ago. Now I get to sah. I did miss alot of my son that growing up. But my dad watched him most of the time. So they have a very strong bond.
I dont think one is better than the other. They are just doing what they feel is best for their families. Every family is different and has different needs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN