Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think SAHMs are better than working moms?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can't do a poll. Do you think moms that SAHM are better and care more about their kids than working mothers? (Work outside of the home)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
No i don't think that at all. If I was a SAHM right now it would not be in my child's best interest, because I would need the government's help to provide for him. I work and provide everything 100% for him myself. I care more about my son than life itself but I don't think it is my right to stay home when it does not make financial sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I think that you can't judge who's better just becsuse one works and the other stays at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Totally agree! I kept seeing working moms being demonized for working and not staying home with their kids. That's what prompted me to post this question.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a SAHM and no, I don't think that. I also don't think working moms are better than SAHM's. We all do what is best for us and our families.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM
No moms do what is best for their families. Moms who work outside the home do it out of love for their children. If they enjoy their job they would be unhappy staying home and that would not be helpful for their kids. If they need to work then they need to support their children they do it out of love for them.
Moms who stay home do it out of love of their children and are able to do so.
Both love their children no one is better then the other just what works best for their family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Nope. I think people who don't argue about such a stupid thing are better than people who do. :p

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I think it isn't my business on what other moms do, but I've never heard a working mom say "I'm working just to get away from my kids, ha ha ha" so I'd bet that both types of moms love their children equally. There is no "better" mom.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Dads work and they don't get shit about doing so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
A stay at home mom IS providing for her family as well. Obviously in a different way. But honestly, a much more rewarding way. I can say I taught my kids everything they needed to know before kindergarten. If you don't consider that providing for your kids then I can see why you work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. I'm a working mom and I care just as much for my child as a stay at home mom. I also do not think they are better. I'm a great mom because I can provide for my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
This is totally not true. Being raised by a parent instead of a paid child care worker is definitely beneficial to a child. Stop trying to make yourself feel better. Day care or babysitters aren't evil, just not the very best.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Um - no.

Lots of ways to care about your kid.  And honestly, being home with a small child is more for YOUR benefit than theirs.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I think you do what works best for your family. That said, I feel horribly for children who rot in daycare all day. It's so sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)