Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I DON'T CARE WHY..THOSE YOU LEAVE BEHIND SUFFER LIKE YOU COULDN'T IMAGINE!

From within the circle, we talk about the past, I hear cries for fathers, mothers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters and friendships we thought would last.

And we ache for the arms of a loved one of a time too short lived and of questions left more piercing than a knife. Oh, the questions come hauntingly, pressing your mind, when a loved one takes their own life.

In the Circle I dare reach out my hand. In the Circle help me see there's a plan for me.

And my story becomes yours as we struggle through the pain. In the Circle, we remember their names. We have daydreams of the future about how we thought it might be, with regrets of conversations that might have been the key.

We are angry and confused as we struggle for our breath. Our hearts cry out in anger in what has been labeled a senseless death.

We have good days and bad days, and without a trace, in the circle, tears and smiles meet as we gather strength together. Sons and daughters, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters and friendships felt deep in our souls, memories and moments left clinging to us, and questions of how to let go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM
You don't know what their life is like. You can make all the assumptions and think you have all the answers, but you don't.

Quoting dee1603:

I agree. I think it's pathetic and selfish. And I hate how everyone feels all sad and whatever for someone, especially someone famous, who does it. Shame on them for their selfishness. Their life is not that bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I agree...my father shot himself 2yrs ago in front of me..that single act of selfishness and coward instantly erased everything he taught me about manning up to you problems...I will never forgive him, and I hope he's burning in hell...
wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Yes it is
dee1603
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Ya, well, it's still selfish and likely they're still better off than we (standard people) are.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

You don't know what their life is like. You can make all the assumptions and think you have all the answers, but you don't.

Quoting dee1603:

I agree. I think it's pathetic and selfish. And I hate how everyone feels all sad and whatever for someone, especially someone famous, who does it. Shame on them for their selfishness. Their life is not that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM
7 moms liked this
This.
And I had two close friends commit suicide in high school within weeks of each other and my grandma took her life in 2007 (not because she was already dying).
It's selfish of me to say that these people should have suffered through their lives just to keep me from feeling pain.
It's a decision you and I have no say in. We can have a hand in it and encourage and be there for our friends and family but ultimately the decision to end their own lives lies with them. To get past the pain you need to forgive those people for leaving you, not giving explanations, etc and know they no longer struggle with their internal battles and are at peace, finally.
(Sorry uxor wasn't directing it at you, ended up elaborating more than planned!)

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

I don't believe it is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doomshroom
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I think if a person is so tormented that they want to take their own life, they're not worried about being called selfish.
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't agree.

However,asking people in pain to live can also be considered selfish

do11face
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I don't agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
6 moms liked this

I hate when people say suicide is selfish. When a person is in that place that is so dark they can't come back they think they are doing those around them a favor.

Also survivors like to say how hurt they are and how selfish it was, but where were they? Did they try to help? Did they even pay close enough attention to know how bad that person was hurting?

I survived a suicide attempt. I tried to let people know I needed help. I tried to let people know I needed them. No one paid attention until it was almost too late. Until I was already in the hospital half dead. Had I died I'm sure all those friends and family members would have showed up to the funeral and talked about why I did it and why didn't I just ask for help. But I did. And all of those people were to wrapped up in their own lives to notice.

I also want you to know that I didn't even leave a note. The place a person is in when they finally get there is so dark that it is just time. You only want relief, no matter how it comes.

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Unless you suffer from a mental illness you don't know what it's like. No it's not selfish and yes I've dealt with suicide in my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)