Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I DON'T CARE WHY..THOSE YOU LEAVE BEHIND SUFFER LIKE YOU COULDN'T IMAGINE!

From within the circle, we talk about the past, I hear cries for fathers, mothers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters and friendships we thought would last.

And we ache for the arms of a loved one of a time too short lived and of questions left more piercing than a knife. Oh, the questions come hauntingly, pressing your mind, when a loved one takes their own life.

In the Circle I dare reach out my hand. In the Circle help me see there's a plan for me.

And my story becomes yours as we struggle through the pain. In the Circle, we remember their names. We have daydreams of the future about how we thought it might be, with regrets of conversations that might have been the key.

We are angry and confused as we struggle for our breath. Our hearts cry out in anger in what has been labeled a senseless death.

We have good days and bad days, and without a trace, in the circle, tears and smiles meet as we gather strength together. Sons and daughters, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters and friendships felt deep in our souls, memories and moments left clinging to us, and questions of how to let go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Wtf did you just say?

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

have you ever known anyone who personally committed suicide?

like I said I have 6 of my family members of the map and guess what at least question of can we help them could is there anything we could have done guess what is no answers causes know when you can ask cause a person to commit suicide to call the answers with them

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

I don't believe it is.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Right?

I don't see how anyone can rightfully call a person selfish for not being able to cope with their illness. The only people hurt by calling them selfish, pathetic, weak, etc., are the people who loved them.

Quoting Sekirei:

I don't agree.

However,asking people in pain to live can also be considered selfish

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree with you. I think people that commit suicide have an illness. They believe that others would be better off without them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been on both sizes of this.  Until you have, you can't say anything.  I never understood why my aunt would kill herself and leave us with that pain and hurt and then I was on the other side and saw it as selfish for other people to want to keep us around even though WE are hurting and suffering.  Don't judge.  You have no idea what it's like.

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

It is selfish, but it does not mean that the person was a horrible person. That person felt that they had no where to turn for help, and that things couldn't possibly get any worse. They felt lower than low. They had an illness. One that plagued their mind, and sent them spinning down a spiral that seemed to have no end. While many view them as weak, how many people do you know that aren't afraid of dying right now? Who wouldn't fear about what's to come if they are gone? It takes a hell of a lot of courage to eat a bullet, or make railroad tracks on your arm. 

Yes, it's selfish but have a damn heart! If you've never been suicidal, you don't have much of a leg to stand on. Being a victim of the act is not much of a leg. You're still a victim. More people will reach out their hands to help the victims, while they were the first people to turn a cold shoulder to the person who needed the help originally. I'm not saying that, as a victim, that you are any less. The victims deserve comforting shoulders and ears that listen too. They aren't any less in the matter of suicide. But, the person who committed it truly had an illness that they felt couldn't be helped. It took them a lot of courage to make their decision. 

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Then you know he pain.. The hurt,the suffering his selfish action caused..

people who commit suicide do it for a fix to a temporary problem.

suicide however is a permanent answer to temporary problem. be the problem depression or anxiety or even angry at someone else and they take it out on them by causing them sold hurt and it leaves gaping wound in the lives of the people left behind

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

It will be a year on Friday since my brother killed himself.

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

have you ever known anyone who personally committed suicide?

like I said I have 6 of my family members of the map and guess what at least question of can we help them could is there anything we could have done guess what is no answers causes know when you can ask cause a person to commit suicide to call the answers with them

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

I don't believe it is.
keriley1
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

They don't see it as selfish when they do it, they think it would be selfish to live and be such a burden to everyone. They think they are doing everyone a favor by ending it all. (not all, but most)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

It is selfish, and it is sad, cause they know it's selfish and still feel compelled to do it. 

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
you're right.

but that in itself is the proof that is a selfish actions

Quoting doomshroom:

I think if a person is so tormented that they want to take their own life, they're not worried about being called selfish.
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I bet the ones claiming it is selfish, would probably be the ones ignoring the cries for help...

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Right?

I don't see how anyone can rightfully call a person selfish for not being able to cope with their illness. The only people hurt by calling them selfish, pathetic, weak, etc., are the people who loved them.

Quoting Sekirei:

I don't agree.

However,asking people in pain to live can also be considered selfish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)